Program To View Jpg On Windows 7 ???

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Windows 7 uses the Windows Photo Viewer to view jpg pics.  The problem is they open in a window instead of only opening the pic.  Any other recent software also opens in a window, with lots of bells and whistles.

I want a simple, old fashioned picture viewer that only opens the picture and then lets me move it around my screen and perhaps re-size it.  The objective is to plaster different pics all over my screen so I can click from pic to pic for comparisons with the least amount of distinctive clutter.

Any ideas?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Windows 7 uses the Windows Photo Viewer to view jpg pics.  The problem is they open in a window instead of only opening the pic.  Any other recent software also opens in a window, with lots of bells and whistles.

I want a simple, old fashioned picture viewer that only opens the picture and then lets me move it around my screen and perhaps re-size it.  The objective is to plaster different pics all over my screen so I can click from pic to pic for comparisons with the least amount of distinctive clutter.

Any ideas?

I usually use Picasa photo viewer and that is my default, and it will only view one at a time.  If I right click the file and say "Open With" Windows Photo Viewer, it will open a new window for each file you do this with.  I think that is what you want.  I'm looking at 3 photos in 3 windows right now.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

windows live photo gallery

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I usually use Picasa photo viewer

I do use that but it opens in a window also.  Yes it is an 'invisible' window until you try to move the picture around your screen and then the window frame shows up.   Thanks for the tip though.

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

I do use that but it opens in a window also.  Yes it is an 'invisible' window until you try to move the picture around your screen and then the window frame shows up.   Thanks for the tip though.

How do you open something in Windows without opening.......a window? What other option is there? A door? ;) 

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

How do you open something in Windows without opening.......a window? What other option is there? A door? ;) 

Sorry Dave, have to agree.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Dave is probably using the windowless version of windows 7. Comes in an empty box at all good electronic stores.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can best answer that by saying I want the picture that I open to BE the window, not just a pane in another window.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I can best answer that by saying I want the picture that I open to BE the window, not just a pane in another window.

The picture has to open in a program so it will be a window. I can not see any other way. 

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dave ..... try this one look it over first .... it is free .... I have been using it for over 10 years .... it can become as complicated as you want to make it ..... or so simple even I can use it ...

http://www.irfanview.com/

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1