Who Else Is Watching When You Skype With Your Gf?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

8 years ago I used to communicate with my filipina gf through the video calling of Yahoo Messenger.  I was in Canada and she was in Philippines.  More than once she would 'get intimate' with me via web cam and it was all interesting stuff at that time.  On occasion it would turn out that it was more than just me watching her antics on the web cam and since she was contacting me from an Internet cafe that had a private room I suspected the computers were hacked by people getting their jollies.  Oh well, it did not really bother us at that time.

Now I am noticing that webcam hacking is getting more and more trendy.  It seems very easy to figure out how to do it.  Just google webcam hacking and you will get links to sites like http://null-byte.wonderhowtoDOTcom/how-to/hack-like-pro-secretly-hack-into-switch-on-watch-anyones-webcam-remotely-0142514/which professes to be a site that tells you how to do it.   (Link is purposely broken but you can replace DOT with a . to get there if you really want to.)

Point is.  How many people are tuning into your conversation when you meet that special online someone and do you care?

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Dont suppose you kept a copy  I could borrow Dave..... :mocking:

Seriously, moral of the story is, keep private what you dont wish others to know or see.

What happens in the bedroom, should stay in the bedroom.

Point is. How many people are tuning into your conversation when you meet that special online someone and do you care?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
What happens in the bedroom, should stay in the bedroom.

Funny you should say that John, I have just moved my PC into it as the painters are worked in the sala Area it was.

I think I like it in here, Quiet so here I guess it will now stay. :mocking:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't remember which chat service, but a chat was hijacked for me some years ago, when the other sat in an Internet cafe.  Suddenly she was cut off and someone else came in and tried to pretend to be her, trying to scam me on money. But when the other noticed I will not send any  :)   then the first one was connected with me again. I suspect it was organiced with the Internet cafe INVOLVED.  I have never communicated with that Internet cafe after that.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Now I am noticing that webcam hacking is getting more and more trendy.

It seems like one has to open a link to a malicious site first so the hacker can then get access. With a private PC, one can be careful to not do that and anti virus scans may remove or prevent malicious sites but at a public PC, you are wide open to anything.

• Like 1