Shipment Of Car And Personal Things To Davao From Iloilo?

Roy-Conny Skailand
Posted
Posted

We are moving to Samal outside Davao. I have two cars and some personal things incl two pitbulls, that all need to be in Davao/Samal in June.

What wold you recomend as shipping down to Davao?

My plan was to ship the Corvette C5 (Its for sale if you want a Sportscar thats rare and perfect for Philippines) and my personal belongings (Stereo, tv, fridge, bed and so on.) by 2 Go. Then drive my Strada down with the dogs. But that means, as far as I know, a trip to Cebu first then to Cagayan d oro, where I can drive to Davao. What to do with two dogs on that Trip? They need toilet and water.

If any of you have experiance ore know something about shipping stuff here im all ears on your info. If my C5 was sold its a bit easyer, but still a challange. I culd do it in several trips, but key here is to ship the car down to Davao and my bigger things. Wold a container be Possible?

jon1
Posted
Posted

If you are going to drive to Davao, take the ferry to Bacolod. Then drive overland to Dumaguete. Overnight at hotel. Take the early morning ferry to Dipolog. From Dipolog drive to Ozamiz City. Take a short ferry ride to Kolambungan (this helps you avoid Pagadian City and the not so safe whereabouts there). You should be able to make CDO by nightfall, overnight there. I would not taking any longer ferry rides than you need to. 

For the dogs, you will need to make pit stops and probably need a cage in the back of your truck. Make sure that you keep them hydrated. You also might want to give them some kind of dramamine (motion sickness pill), ask your vet. 

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

The dogs will have to be caged on the ferry and can not be left in a vehicle for the crossing(s). And you provide the cages!  You'll also need to show medical and up to date vaccination certs including Rabies immunization for them.

• Like 1

Roy-Conny Skailand
Posted
Posted

I have controle of the dogs as long as the boattrip isent to long. But with dogs in cage, do you think they shuld stay on the back of the truck while passing? Iv been on that ferry from Dapitan (not Dipolog but close). Dehydration is my main concern. Maby I shuld customize a cage for them on the back of the truck.

How about shipping the Corvette and furniture?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The dogs will have to be caged on the ferry and can not be left in a vehicle for the crossing(s).
Maby I shuld customize a cage for them on the back of the truck.

I cannot speak to the ferry that Mark is talking about.

On a different ferry, which had an open air RORO deck and crossed from Danao to Isabel in 4 hours I did indeed customize a large cage in the back of my pick up truck and transport 2 dogs in the cage.  I set up a tarp to give them shade but it was still a hot crossing and I had to visit them frequently to make sure they still had water and it was cool enough to drink.  Your experience will vary with the ferry you chooe.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
water and it was cool enough to drink.
I don't know, but I suppouse it's same as for people. To cool down and avoid dehydration it's best to have

cold water ON body

but - although it TASTE best with cold - DON'T get cold water IN body, because then the body find it TO COLD and start WARMING it up, which make the body WARMER totaly.  (Similar as with sugar, the body OVERREACT if the intake is to far from ballanced, because then the body put in TO MUCH resourses to get ballance, and then it shut off that process to slow.)  Not sure if it's same in a hot countries, but in Sweden I have heared it's best with around 25 C.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
in Sweden I have heared it's best with around 25 C.

If you leave the dog's water dish out in the hot sun the water temperature will quickly approach that of a hot spring.  I would not drink that and my dogs did not enjoy it either.  When I mentioned 'cold water' I was thinking more of room temperature as its not like I had a ref on the ferry to keep the drinks cold for my dogs.   But thanks for pointing that out so everyone can give it thought.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver