Purchasing Working Farm In Cebu/davao

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

As I understand after 12 months if you do not leave the country you go to normal visas, Arc cards etc.  If however you take a trip to another country, China USA(Guam) you get stamped for reentry BB and another year starts.  A 'throw away' ticket is not necessary, but travel with copy of marriage certificate.    will let you if all this works as is how we are traveling this oct-nov.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

An additional requirement will be ask for Balikbayans who have stayed in the Philippines after thirty six (36) months

I wonder what that "additional requirement" may be,( forms,documents, or $$$)?

Anyone have experience with the Balikbayan extensions?

I was looking into this myself not too long ago and still don't have a complete answer - probably as nobody has done it yet! I was told there is a form to use for the extension but a call to Manila was required to confirm the charges (if any) are required. After 36 months, a conversion to a residency visa (as appropriate for each person) is required or a trip out has to be done...

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As I understand after 12 months if you do not leave the country you go to normal visas, Arc cards etc.  If however you take a trip to another country, China USA(Guam) you get stamped for reentry BB and another year starts.  A 'throw away' ticket is not necessary, but travel with copy of marriage certificate.    will let you if all this works as is how we are traveling this oct-nov.

Officially a throw-away ticket is not required for the BB entry. Problem is, the airlines are fined by the Philippine government for not rejecting passengers without a departure ticket. Many airlines don't know the difference so they probably won't let you on the flight without that their-away ticket...