Feed The Children....#1 And Medical Care For The Poor

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Christmas Gesture.I was in P'pines last Christmas.Me and a friend decided to do a gesture...basically...we bought 50 kilos of rice, 50 tins sardines, and 50 bags of noodles. We made up 50 bags, 1kilo rice plus 1 each of above mentioned. Also, 75 bags of kiddies treats...lollies, choc bites, etc...On Christmas day the word went out...all bags gone within an hour...nice happy , smiling faces accepted.Went for my morning walk at 6 am over next few days...saw some people who had received the gesture and they didn't even say hello, hi, ...absolutely nothing.Think I'll do it again? Highly unlikely.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Christmas Gesture.I was in P'pines last Christmas.Me and a friend decided to do a gesture...basically...we bought 50 kilos of rice, 50 tins sardines, and 50 bags of noodles. We made up 50 bags, 1kilo rice plus 1 each of above mentioned. Also, 75 bags of kiddies treats...lollies, choc bites, etc...On Christmas day the word went out...all bags gone within an hour...nice happy , smiling faces accepted.Went for my morning walk at 6 am over next few days...saw some people who had received the gesture and they didn't even say hello, hi, ...absolutely nothing.Think I'll do it again? Highly unlikely.
Bruce continues on with his mission and it has leaned more towards a medical mission, but he also does whatever it takes to make peoples lives easier in the area he is concentrating, such as fixing the local water pump, etc. Many things in life are a thankless job and the only reward I, or many others need, is the satisfaction we got from doing what we did, or do, but I do not blame you for feeling the way you do.