Strange But True...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

"you cannot go swimming, it's to hot"...defies imagination. Why do you think I'm going honey?

Not really Chris, there is a health logic here, to cool the body as rapidly as cold water will do can do some untold damage, in fact i have heard of a cardiac arrest being brought on by the sudden Shock of it.

Now where is Medic Mike when we need him? :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

"you cannot go swimming, it's to hot"...defies imagination. Why do you think I'm going honey?

Not really Chris, there is a health logic here, to cool the body as rapidly as cold water will do can do some untold damage, in fact i have heard of a cardiac arrest being brought on by the sudden Shock of it.

Now where is Medic Mike when we need him? :rolleyes:

Are you Filipino Jack? :no:  We are Aussies and the water in the Phils in not "cold"...and there are ways to do it without jumping straight in.

I would agree if you are taking a Beta blocker, otherwise, nah, we swim in hot weather as per normal.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
  Are you Filipino Jack?   We are Aussies and the water in the Phils in not "cold"...and there are ways to do it without jumping straight in.

Not not me mate but we are talking Locals here, they will never do what is right or what we suggest  :thumbsup: my daughter for instance, bag down, Shorts on, straight in Screaming.  Get my meaning.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"you cannot go swimming, it's to hot"

Could they mean that the sun is too strong and you are likely to burn your unprotected skin in the water with any sunblock washed off?  But even that is not a good reason because I almost always wear a hat when swimming, to avoid sunstroke and bad sunburns on forehead, nose and neck.  And then there are water resistant sunblocks available.

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

Don't shower during a woman's menstruation. . That only lasted one time.

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

My gf had never ridden a bicycle . Her mother told her she could not, she would lose her virginity!!!

• Like 1