Anyone Use Apple's Imessage App There?

bows00
Posted
Posted

First off, I am not a techie type.  And I know how Filipina's love to text message there, but I just hate typing on my I-phone, especially for those long chat sessions.  Back home, there is way to link your apple I-phone number through your Apple ID and use your Mac book lap top to type messages through the message app. 

Whew... I know... I'm not even sure I said that right... but in a nut shell, I want to know if I can send text messages through my apple mac book lap top.  I normally swap out my phone card with a local card and buy load to eliminate the super expensive roaming fees.   

Anybody have any success doing this in the Philippines after installing a local phone card?  Like Globe? or Smart?  It would really make my life easier there, especially when I have to text 17 different Filipinas per day (I wish). 

forget_it
Posted
Posted

If you are using a Mac with Yosemite (newest version of Mac operating system) and an up-to-date iPhone (running 8.3), you can text and make voice calls on your computer, provided you have bluetooth turned on in both devices. Your iPhone and Mac interact. This will work no matter what sim card you are using.

Alternatively, you can get a bluetooth keyboard and use that with your phone.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
you can text and make voice calls on your computer, provided you have bluetooth turned on in both devices.

I did this with my my Macbook air and iPhone but did not have to turn on bluetooth. :89:

forget_it
Posted
Posted

Yeah, if they are both on wifi, it will work too now.

bows00
Posted
Posted

This is super good news! I can text all 17 filipino's from my new 12" Macbook. I just have to make sure they don't all visit me in the hospital at once (I wish). That thread on the Chinese guy that got hospitalized with 17 girls visiting him... I think that is impossible in the philippines... especially when they are interested in you... the amount of texting you have to do for just TWO filipino's is a full time job!

But thanks for the info, I knew I could rely on this site to find my answers...