What Do You Do Day To Day?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Startup the business, so much work.

Well Thomas I for one, have a Motto, Many years old and I Believe in it  attachicon.giflines bart and jack.png   :thumbsup:  Anyone?

One of my friends complain I work TO LITLE and is a "funfreak"  :lol:  doing TO MUCH fun and interesting.

I work hard in PERIODS, and amuse myself long periods in between.

(E g when I started a software production for an other company, I worked very hard in a bit over a half tear doing research, preparings and rough descriptions. When the programmers started, we went through the decriptions for the part and made them detailed. Then THEY had much to do and I almost nothing until they had done that part after some MONTHS. Then I worked hard 1-2 DAYS again to not delay them starting next part, so I could relax some MONTHS again.

Now I "work hard" researching Phils, but almost all* is fun/interesting, so it don't feel as work.

*Except some stupid tax and business laws.  E g it ISN'T allowed to deduct whole interest cost when counting taxable profit!!! :1 (103):  And tax/admin papers are needed to be done OFTEN, risking high punishments even long prison time :bash:  if not doing everything corect.

But on the other hand I found a law telling most types of small businesses DON'T need to pay any income tax at all for the owner  :thumbsup: :dance:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have what I call Hobby A.D.D.  So I bounce around between hobbies.  I have Facebook going way too much of every day ha ha. Lots of reading.  I watch a lot of Netflix and DVD's.  It is too hot now - but I do like going for long walks.  I have a bicycle but the traffic here is not good...

My hobbies vary: music - blues harmonica, bowed psaltery, and recorder.  Magic, I brought tons of tricks with me.  Snorkeling.  (I have all my scuba gear, but been here 2 years have not been diving yet - my area has no dive shops and no air).

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Before you take the plunge to retire, you better have a good grip on the answer to this question, no matter where you intent to spend your retirement. Although the Philippines are on my radar, I am still working on this question with a realistic view. There is only so much of "nothing" I can take before I start getting restless. And maybe it's all the years of the daily work routine that's ingrained deep in my psychology that I can't get rid of. Don't really know...

But then again, it may be a matter of just taking the plunge - Just Do It, and the through time, the life style of the Philippines will be all worth it and my 9 to 5 grind just a distant past, with the only regret of not doing it earlier. - but the risk... I am still in contemplation.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
There is only so much of "nothing" I can take before I start getting restless.
In my answer above, I did just mension A BIT of my hobbies. In some earlier topic I wrote a some more compleete list of my hobbies, some need equipment, but they cost (almost) nothing to USE.  (E g table tennis, writing, canoe, play music, small sail boat, billiard, explore nature...) I don't understand people, who have to litle to do  :)  
  • Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I don't understand people, who have to litle to do :)

I agree.  What a sad and boring life some people live.  Unike my grandfather who said 20 or 25 years after his retirement, "With all these things I need and want to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work in the past and get some of these things done!"

I'm like that also.  Many hobbies and intrests and then friends and family to visit!

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
  I watch a lot of Netflix and DVD's.

Someone told me you could not get netflix in Fil

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Well, it's not like Home Sweet Home in the USA but I can always find something to do in PI.  I'm not retired but not as active as I once was. I have a bad back. I have a knee that gets weak if I don't walk regularly. So, I do a lot of walking. I walk early in the morning and late at night. 

I hate the heat and humidity so I'm indoors a lt when in PI. I enjoy the malls. I drink very little booze. I prefer coffee. I've met many foreigners who have come to PI just to see what its like. I have 2 foreigner neighbors. One is a friendly Brit, the other is not too friendly or sociable. I play cards and/or dominos with Filipino neighbors. I have 3 sets of Monoply. I play with wife and the kids friends and you might be surprised how addicted they are to Monopoly. 

Ok, I watch sports but hate basketball. I prefer MLB and Golf. I was a low handicapper once upon a time. I watch CNN sometimes but prefer Al Jazeera. 

There is actually a lt to do indoors. Not boring at all for me but I still prefer my home in California. 

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

I don't understand people, who have to litle to do

I don't understand people, who have to litle to do

I guess it's because I have very little free time. Been working 84 hrs per week (12 hrs everyday)for the last month. I guess I better start making a list of things that could keep me interested.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I guess it's because I have very little free time. Been working 84 hrs per week (12 hrs everyday)for the last month. I guess I better start making a list of things that could keep me interested.

May your time not be inexpensive either.  The more you can charge for your time the sooner yo u will have more.

• Like 1