Vigan Trip

Petey
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know this is a "Where to Stay" section but my day trip to Vigan was shared with my stay as Kauna.

This is Baluarte Zoo. I've put a link in so people can view at their leasure. Enterence is Free which is really nice. Small horses for the kids to ride are also free. The animals look in good health which is really good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowUserReviews-g424958-d1477911-r144886810-Baluarte-Vigan_Ilocos_Sur_Province_Ilocos_Region_Luzon.html

Following are pictures that i took :

7qnoPjM.jpg

iOaLEOn.jpg

K3R4MuL.jpg

The Spanish settlement Casa Feril

fazOU39.jpg

Edited by Petey
  • Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

The trusty steed. I cannot remember the total price. we had 9 people come with us. Of course we paid for 5 horse and carrage. Calahasa iirc is the term?

TUnU9lY.jpg

Bantay Belltower

h3N2O74.jpg

DmVKcWW.jpg

This is a pottery place. I cannot remember the name of it. But to see someone manually making something " Ghost " style was pretty impressive.

30Wj9qw.jpg

• Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

5JPqxIm.jpg

f3IrZl6.jpg

The following are of La Union Botanical Garden and Zoo. Really nice place but thought ill put them all here instead ov having multiple threads with only a few pictures in each.

QYHnBic.jpg

mCznMMb.jpg

• Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

I did have some shots of The Dancing fountain in Vigan - but the images were corrupted for some reason. This is really nice to see. But depending on the wind direction you will get wet :hystery:  I'm not sure if the "Dance" is done every night, we went there on a Saturday evening iirc. They play music and have a theame to go with it.

Thunderbird Light House

QORigtG.jpg

This is just a kilometer away from http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotel_Review-g298454-d1163541-Reviews-Thunderbird_Resorts_Poro_Point-San_Fernando_La_Union_La_Union_Province_Ilocos_Region_L.html

Thunderbird Resort was actually the place we were originally going to stay instead of Kahuna. The price is quite a lot. I cannot comment on the resort as we did'nt use it. But the link is there should you wish to enquire.

• Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

Again from our trip.

Mancho Temple in La Union.

Access is free. Nice and clean.

zsPv3uj.jpg

FfON7pi.jpg

uDI1AYU.jpg

gSRaH5t.jpg

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Nice pics but please don't post anymore in that way as they are huge once clicked on to the point they don't fit the screen.  :thumbsup:

Petey
Posted
Posted

Ahh. Sorry. Noted.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great info thanks for sharing the pictures/

• 1 month later...
Andrew2015
Posted
Posted

One of my favorite places to visit is Vigan. Very rich in culture and beautifully preserved structural places. One of the pride in the Philippines.