Can You Live Like A Filipino?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. I am very partial to K's sinigang, which seems pretty healthy and is delicious.

She has got me enjoying smoked fish and dried fish...

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

There are OTHER methods than chemicals to solve insect problems. Some are told above  (Lizzards. Avoid have water where mosquito eggs like to grow.)

/Good if the mosquito eggs are put in a pond with fish, because then fish eat them   :)  (Some fish types.)

/Some birds like insects.

/Mosquito nets can cover at doors, windows and even around whole veranda.

/SMELL from some PLANTS scare away mosquitos.

/Except tiger mosquitos, they don't like SUN.

It's common with mosquitos in Sweden, but besides a very few, who have hitchhiked inside with a cat, I don't get any mosquitos into my house, although I have a door open almost ALLWAYS during daytime during warm sunny days. No mosquitos come inside, because the door is on the SUNNY side.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
but an Englishman needs his Ginsters and Pukka pies in his stomach. Now thats food of the Gods.

Well that's healthy eating Petey, all that's missing is the Black pudding and sauages... :no:

Potatoes, does make a change from rice but meat is meat and fish is fish, wherever you are.

Fresh fish against dried fish for me, Pork yes, but not cremated. Balot no way!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128055327@N08/15732367137/in/photostream/

You tube video blocked

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

I certainly could live like a Filipino.....though I see no reason to do so. 

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Why would an ecpat live in the Philippines is he did not like to live here, there are plenty of inexpensive places to live eg certain places in the Caribbean, Thailand, Guam, the list goes o, I choose the Philippines because I love it here Evan with all the faults. The mayor one being not being able to purchase property

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Can I live like a Filipino?  I know I can, just depends on which Filipino.

In Toronto, most of our meals are Filipino.  When we go on holidays elsewhere and Filipino food is not available, I actually miss it more than my wife does.

Some Filipinos have all the creature comforts - so yes, I can certainly live like them!

bows00
Posted
Posted

there are plenty of inexpensive places to live eg certain places in the Caribbean, Thailand, Guam

Guam? I frequently go there now for my job. And it is definitely not cheap!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised that more people don't like filipino food! Lat night i had some Lumpia that was out of this world good! Not sure what Lumpia is? Tastes just like a bid Spring Roll! After we got back to our barangay, we went and had what had to be the national food of the Philippines... Hamburgers! Yup! I finally tried something non-filipino on my new fave place... Excellent hand firmed burgers! Scored 9 out of 10 on the BOB scale... Yet many of the filipino foods on their menu scored even higher!

:D

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Why would an ecpat live in the Philippines is he did not like to live here

CM, we really are not talking about if we like to live here or not, but if we can live like a Filipino. For me, if I had to live 100% like a Filipino, I for one wouldn't live here.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Ok Dengue Fever is like cancer. No respecter of persons. Anyone can get bit by a female dengue carrying mosquito. 

As for food, if it doesn't look good,  if it doesn't smell good, I sure as hell am not going to taste it to see if it tastes good. I cook my own food since my wife cannot cook the food I like. she likes my cooking but has to have rice 3 times a day. I buy imported food and ingredients. some are hard to find.

As for fixing my house. We have a 3 bedroom home with ceiling fans and A/C . We have a LPG gas stove and oven. We have a microwave. We have a clothes washer and dryer. 

I refuse to buy a car in the Philippines. Not after the way I see people drive. A motorcycle, hell no. I've seen too many sprawled out in the middle of the street. I use jeepney, tricycle or taxi. 

Like I said. I can afford to live in comfort but that doesn't mean that I enjoy it. I will apply for my wife's visa to the states when her parents pass away. She refuses to leave the Philippines. We just travel within the country for a day or 2 or 3. 

• Like 1