Pacquiao Will Run To Be President Of The Philippines

Lou49
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifinstruments.jpg

Isn't he a -or was he a player-coach-owner of a baskeball tem? Didn't he dabble in singing and making a CD or 2? Has he thrown himself into the political arena with hopes of holding the highest office in the land one day? Is he not the preacher that commands the attention of more than 1 congregation? Hasn't he spearheaded projects like kids groups and building hospitals?-Oh-I heard he's involved in boxing too. A lot on his plate if you ask me,

you forgot to mention he is a also lieutenant colonel in the army.

• Like 2

Wrye83
Posted
Posted
Am i detecting a note of jealousy throughout this thread?

Who in their right mind would be jealous of being president of the Philippines?  :1 (103):

Posted Today, 09:50 AM Well it would be better than Duterte.

:tiphat:  :hystery: And I thought everyone was opposed to corruption.  Bet that the molesters and other criminals that didn't get shot trying to escape from the locked rear seat of car would be loathe to repeat their offence.   :bash:    

Death squads start with the child molesters, murderers and other criminals.....then it moves on to political rivals. How long before the guy willing to hire death squads runs out of people to blame (read: kill) and focuses on foreigners? I'm not sure how safe I would feel in the Philippines with that guy as president. 

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Stranger things have happened. Just look at who have been US presidents. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

As ridiculous as it seems he likely would have a good chance of winning. I think he's a good man but would end up a puppet.

I'm not sure of that.

I don't know if he is MOTIVATED enough to fight corruption,

but because of his popularity he has CHANCE to fight it good.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

If Manny Pacquaio runs and wins for president ( still very doubtful), he would be used. He doesn't know anything about politics. He doesn't have an education. He may have a good heart but he would need honest people to advise him on all kinds of matters regarding the responsibility of the president. 

I repeat, he would be used. 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Am i detecting a note of jealousy throughout this thread?

Who in their right mind would be jealous of being president of the Philippines?  :1 (103):

Posted Today, 09:50 AM Well it would be better than Duterte.

:tiphat:  :hystery: And I thought everyone was opposed to corruption.  Bet that the molesters and other criminals that didn't get shot trying to escape from the locked rear seat of car would be loathe to repeat their offence.   :bash:

Death squads start with the child molesters, murderers and other criminals.....then it moves on to political rivals. How long before the guy willing to hire death squads runs out of people to blame (read: kill) and focuses on foreigners? I'm not sure how safe I would feel in the Philippines with that guy as president.

I live in Davao - the city Rody is presently mayor of... And, to be honest? I feel safer here - not just of other Philippine cities but just about anywhere else in the world! By what you wrote, I would say you've been reading comments that were printed in the news by those who are opposed to his running... If I had a vote? I would vote for him in a heart beat!

As for Manny not knowing anything about politics? I think he's learned a lot the hard way already... From the last few years of dealing with other politicians... By the time 2022 comes around, he'll have enough time under his belt to know what's what along with who to trust and so to give a 10 count to... Geez... The guy has survived all the corruption in the boxing world without giving in, I think he's ready for political office on that alone!

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
As for Manny not knowing anything about politics? I think he's learned a lot the hard way already... From the last few years of dealing with other politicians...

Indeed, it seems that he has. And not in a good way. 

His attendance record in the House is one of the worst, and there are allegations surrounding his dealing with expenditures.

Nothing left to learn; a regular trapo.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can't find it online but I read a political columnist in the Cebu Sunstar this Tuesday morning who made a quip about:  (paraphrased due to poor memory)  Looks like Philippines and USA are doing an about face.  We may soon have a black man as president and they will have a woman in the whitehouse.

I found it humorously politically incorrect as I don't think of Pacquiao as a black man but it seems some do.  Color is still important here.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I do not like the look of Mr Paquiao. I do not like his friends. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

To Dave Houndriver,

When they spoke of a black man, I think they were referring to Vice President Binay and not Manny. I find politics different in the Philippines than in the states. A lot of corruption in the Philippines but who is to say there is none or not so much in the states. We just don't know about it. Receiving money or gifts from Lobbyists has to be big in the states.

• Like 1