Pacquiao Will Run To Be President Of The Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I do not like the look of Mr Paquiao. I do not like his friends.

Ouch! That's a reason for someone is incompetent at what they do? If we went by looks in regards to competency, 90% of this forum would be gone!

I'll let the individual members decide who would be left... :D

Thomas
Posted
Posted
When they spoke of a black man, I think they were referring to Vice President Binay and not Manny.
Is it sure the black part refered to Phils? Many Americans count Obama as black. 
A lot of corruption in the Philippines but who is to say there is none or not so much in the states. We just don't know about it. Receiving money or gifts from Lobbyists has to be big in the states.
Don't you know about the American??   It's known all the way to Europe   :)

(Not at low level too as in Phils, but at high level. Companies contributing much to campains to elections to senators and president and then the elected have to assist the contributers. I know it has been discussed in USA how to stop it, but I don't know if they have done anything to do so,)

An other topic had a link to a list of corruption levels in different countries.  USA had a better position than Phils   :)    but far behind the Scandinavian countries and New Zealand in the top.

In Sweden we even know when one politician tried to not pay the TV fee, and an other tried to get a chockolate bar at the parlament acount. Shocking!   :lol:    

Here are most public and some journalists check "all" so not many politicians dare to do anything sneaky, but they get some unfair benefits OPEN "legaly" by they have made a few SPECIAL laws for politicians  :bash:   (High "Retirement pay" when they HAVEN'T retired. Higher "cost compensations" than things costs.)    

But it's much worse in EU than up here. Scandinavian countries try to make all public in the EU parlament too, but we are voted down by the others :bash:

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Ouch! That's a reason for someone is incompetent at what they do? If we went by looks in regards to competency, 90% of this forum would be gone!

I'm wondering possibly if this "look" really meant something similar to..I don't like the "look" of where this could lead or not liking the "look and feel" of how his fighting skills and financial gain in the Philippines have transferred into opportunities otherwise he would not have rather than the physical look. It would be my take on this anyway.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am not referring to the dapper and elegant Mr Paquiao's appearance.

He is associated with Vice-President Binay.

He has proved to be not very good at singing, not very good at basketball coaching and not very good as a member of the House of Representatives.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

The Philippines needs another President running on name recognition like it needs a hole in the head.

Quote of the week, thank you.  A good candidate for Quote of the Month.

Mr.Pacquiao did not attend HS. When he filed as a candidate for House of Reps, he was told a HS Diploma is required. He went and got his GED in one day.

As a HS Graduate, Mr Pacquiao then applied for law school. He was advised of 2 basic requirements. A college degree and competency in English, written and spoken.

He got an honorary degree and claimed that. He further cited that he gave testimony in the USA in a legal case v Bob Arum. Manny's testimony was cited as being "brilliant". Point of order though. The testimony was delivered through an interpretor. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

I blame President Reagan for all this celebrity president malarky in the R.P.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I blame President Reagan for all this celebrity president malarky in the R.P.

And I thought it was GW Bushes fault,

• Like 1