Founding A Vfw In The Philippines

Wrye83
Posted
Posted
Cebu has a VFW Post that meets once a month (2nd Sat of the month) at the TimeOut Bar (American owned and operated) in Cebu City. Our post is just over a year old now and we have about 100 members,

Read this in another thread and would like like to gather information on how to start a post in Dumaguete. I have seen this online: 

VFW Manual of Procedure states;

Sec 1101, a - Formation, (4) By Posts. No auxiliary to a Post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States shall be formed unless approved by a two-thirds vote of the Post membership present at a regular or special meeting, due notice of the proposed formation of an auxiliary having been given the entire membership in writing at least one week prior to a regular meeting, or special meeting called for the aforementioned purpose. Each Auxiliary shall be assigned the number of the Post with which it is affiliated.

I see that this is for the US and I'm sure there might be additional procedures for starting one overseas? Does anyone have any contact information for the District President for the Philippines/Visayas or information on how to start a post?

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You might try the contact form here to see if you can get answers or a lead in the right direction.

• Like 1

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

You might try the contact form here to see if you can get answers or a lead in the right direction.

Thanks for the info.