Older Expat's, Will Moving To Philippines Lower Life Expectancy?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
and I seem to know a bit more about medicine than at least some of the doctors and nurses there and that's just by going on the internet and searching before I went there. The only place i've been to with doctors so ingnorant/incompetent was in Cuba and actually I think the Cuban doctors were a bit better.

Pariahdog, If you come across with docs and staff like you are coming across here,  you are lucky they treated you at all.  Actually you are lucky they didn't "accidentally" euthanize you.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Now I feel like telling my wife that she is closer to a Samoan than an Asian...nah, I better not.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm not calling you out as an "older" Expat MacBubba, but if you call your wife Samoan it may lower your life expectancy.  :bonk:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Now I feel like telling my wife that she is closer to a Samoan than an Asian...nah, I better not.

You seen the costumes and dances at the annual festivals?  Much more Polynesian than traditional "Asian".  I think they are Polynesians that bred with Chinese, Spanish, and Americans... and I like it.  And my wife agrees.    :tiphat:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I remember 20 odd years ago I made the mistake of calling my wife an "oriental" just glad there were not any sharp objects about :bash:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well it would appear to be working!! I think JGF and friends may have shares in home blood pressure machines!

Good ploy! Haha.