Ecc At The Airport For Those Who Stayed Over 6 Months Now

forget_it
Posted
Posted

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines

Starting May 4, 2015, regular ECC may be secured at the airport for foreign nationals who have stayed in the PH for six months to one year.

Those who have stayed beyond one year must secure the ECC at the BI office.
 (Published in the Philippine Star on Sunday, April 19)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=546868588785186

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I asked them to update their website to save any confusion as a cut out of a newspaper advert that is too hard to read just won't do.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I asked them to update their website to save any confusion as a cut out of a newspaper advert that is too hard to read just won't do.

JGF, that in itself, the original post is too confusing and may confuse people.

EG,  I have lived here 9 years and I would have to research what exactly is an ECC, and who it applies too.

Emigration  Clearance  Certificate.....ok.  But if posting that, let's have some background into who it applies too.

Edited by chris49

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

EG,  I have lived here 9 years and I would have to research what exactly is an ECC, and who it applies too.

Emigration  Clearance  Certificate.....ok.  But if posting that, let's have some background into who it applies too.

It is an exit certificate you need if you are an expat and  want to leave the country if you have stayed here more than six months, it is available from the major BI offices at a cost of 500 pesos, picture and fingerprints, if you don't have BI wont let you leave the country.

Edited by frosty (chris)

chris49
Posted
Posted

It is an exit certificate you need if you are an expat and  want to leave the country if you have stayed here more than six months, it is available from the major BI offices at a cost of 500 pesos, picture and fingerprints, if you don't have BI wont let you leave the country.

Never heard of it, never enforced on me.

Does it apply to 13a visa holders, Permanent Residents?

chris49
Posted
Posted

I just read the BOI press release on this,

It is not up to me to correct any misinformation or misconception related to the OP above.

I feel the information is misleading and should be revised.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It is not up to me to correct any misinformation or misconception related to the OP above.

I think one of the points of any forum is for members to add information which may be missing/not available to everyone so as many people as possible get a better idea of what is to be done. If you have information share it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don't understand which part is misleading. The BI posted it on their Facebook page and published the notice in the newspaper.Their Facebook page gets the latest updates before their website. Can you tell me what is wrong with the info? 

This is the previous details but as you can see the new one starts in May 2015, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/emigration-clearance-certificate-ecc

Just to add, this announcement is for EEC-B

(ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.) 

post-1-0-77773200-1429681372_thumb.jpg

chris49
Posted
Posted

COPY.

But the original post is poorly worded. 13a visa holders do not need it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

COPY.

But the original post is poorly worded. 13a visa holders do not need it.

Members usually post information which might relate to themselves or try to pass on what they have found out.. No one can know or post about everyones situation or cover every visa type so in reality its up to each individual to check their own visa or requirements to come and go.

The original post is exactly what the BI posted so lets drop it and move on.  :thumbsup: