Customer Service In Philippines...... An Oxymoron?

RBM
Posted
Posted

I personally have only ran across one business that I would consider service orientated ,that is a local m/cycle shop that sells spares and services bikes the owner goes out of his way to help, so I go back when the need arrives.

Please supple name and address of same.........

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

I have experienced mostly negative results, particularly  service in restaurants. How ever the are exceptions, take Circa 1900 where the standard by far exceeds all expectations, hence we keep returning.

One my pet hates is always hearing no change....no more as my GF does all shopping now.

Agree with another poster F& C in Canlaon is outstanding.

Hardware stores I have received mixed results, when we find a good one like Citi hardware in South Bacolod we just keep returning.

One thought comes to mind, trying to do any business over the phone.....zero success here, even a a local that is know to me and speaks good English, just does not work for me.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Ok, here's another pet peeve of mine. It  ALWAYS happens at SM Grocery Mkt. It's about paying for  my groceries. The cashier ALWAYS asks me , "sir, do you have 5 pesos"  or whatever the small coins would be in order for her not to give out any of her coins. Then, as you would guess, she holds up her little PingPong Paddle and asks for someone to bring her some coins.  I ALWAYS say, "NO". I put the change in my little coin bag full of coins  in front of her. ( I use my loose coins for exact change when on a jeepney, tricycle or taxi)

Gaisano Grocery Mkt never ever asks me for coins. This only hapens at SM Grocery Mkt. 

They're the ones with the cash register. They are the ones who are suppose to provide the change, not the customer.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When I go back tomorrow I will tell the lady who served me today that I had to go to hospital with malnutrition

No my mate never, I have sent a few so you can feed my favourite little Gardner :mocking:  post-2148-0-54187300-1429680923.jpg  :thumbsup:

JP  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Ok, here's another pet peeve of mine. It  ALWAYS happens at SM Grocery Mkt. It's about paying for  my groceries. The cashier ALWAYS asks me , "sir, do you have 5 pesos"  or whatever the small coins would be in order for her not to give out any of her coins. Then, as you would guess, she holds up her little PingPong Paddle and asks for someone to bring her some coins.  I ALWAYS say, "NO". I put the change in my little coin bag full of coins  in front of her. ( I use my loose coins for exact change when on a jeepney, tricycle or taxi)

Gaisano Grocery Mkt never ever asks me for coins. This only hapens at SM Grocery Mkt. 

They're the ones with the cash register. They are the ones who are suppose to provide the change, not the customer.

I prefer the OPPOSITE to you   :) 

=Except having a few coins, I prefer to get BILLS.

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Call it Karma

Yesterday gf1 and I wound up working later then planned on a volunteer project we're involved in. So instead of cooking dinner we decided to just head over to a local cantina for dinner. It's nothing fancy, the foods always been good (read safe to eat and not overcooked/over salted, lol) and the service is usually quite good there. But last night Karma struck.

From the array of "hot pots" we ordered our meal, 2 entree's, 2x rice, 1 BBQ chorizo, 2 beers and 1 pumpkin (red squash) soup (it was really a side dish, but because it was floating in a large pot we thought it was soup). We take our seats, the server comes over a few seconds later with plates, eating utensils and our drinks. A few minutes later she returns with the entree's and the rice. So far, so good. Right?

We had skipped lunch and so we were both quite hungry. Thinking that the server would return right away with the rest of our order (as is usually the case there) we, as you Brits say, tucked into our meal. Just as we were finishing up the BBQ chorizo arrived. Before the server could run away gf1 asked her about the pumpkin. Got the baffled "what are you talking about?" look so she called over to the girl who took our order; got the "Oh crap I forgot" look. The server did at least promptly return with the "soup". So we wound up eating the pumpkin soup for desert, :hystery:

I do have to say we both had a really good laugh. As gf1 had read my post, when the side dish arrived she suggested I take a pic and post it as well as regale you with our dining experience. 

post-4514-0-47204800-1429742401.jpg

Edited by Gator
  • Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Got the baffled "what are you talking about?" look so she called over to the girl who took our order; got the "Oh crap I forgot" look. The server did at least promptly return with the "soup". So we wound up eating the pumpkin soup for desert,

It's good to see that the staff acknowledged their error and corrected it as soon as they could!

:thumbsup:  :mocking:

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I've noticed that the bigger cities seem to have better customer service, and the employees tend to be more professional, in general.  We don't expect much here in the province, but we are always pleasantly surprised when we visit Cebu or Manila.  Just spent 3 days in Cebu and had no issues at all, with shopping, hotels, restos, taxis, etc...I guess our standards are so low by now that merely average customer service becomes excellent, in comparison.

At one resto we had to sit outside because there was a waiting list for inside tables.  Waiter came right away and took our drink orders, brought them back in about 5 minutes, and asked if we were OK sitting outside.  "Oh is there now a table for us inside?"  "No, not available."   :unsure:   So I asked the wife is she is OK with our plans for the day.  "Sure", she says.  "Good, because you have no choice!"   :lol:

• Like 5