I'm Thinking Between Cebu And Duma?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Your quote.

6)attractive single women from which to find quality, not quantity..

I reckon of all the good answers above, only one or two adds reality by addressing that. You scratch that one out and I will start to think differently.

We live on 1000, save the rest, and that's with 2 kids, no rent, we own the place,

I think in trying to keep things simple by copying my list of why I'm coming to PI, I ended up confusing several people. That has nothing to do with the budget question I asked and I guess isn't as clear as it could be. What I meant was I wanted to be in an area where it wasn't hard to find a "good girl" (one quality woman) because unlike many guys I have no interest in a herd of bar girls etc.

Does that make more sense?

Good you didn't ask about "bad girls", I have not have trouble finding them.

Mate, mission accomplished, you got some excellent answers here, I wish I had that when I first came.

It's a paradise here. Along with the harsh realities you may find along the way. I met dozen's of women in Manila, but it was a struggle to find a single woman without a child attached. Province is different, if anything, girls can be quite conservative, but more of the type you might end up settling down with.

I have actually lived, extended periods. in 5 different countries in my life. I prefer it here. 

• Like 3

shadow
Posted
Posted

Well as a new member here with only a couple of posts I must say that I found reading through the posts on this subject very helpful.

I'll be in Cebu on 22nd September to look around before a longer stay next year. I hope I might bump into some of you guys while I'm there.

Thanks for the helpful info.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Finding a good woman in Philippines is not at all difficult. Many would say go out into da Providences to find a nice gal but they can be found anyplace. 

If you were to attend a Church service in any modest sized town you would be sure to be asked some polite questions for sure one would be "are you single" once you say "no, but I'm looking" you are going to be a very popular man! :dance:

• Like 4

Ynot
Posted
Posted

im looking also, but I want to try and avoid the typhoons!  I was told South Cebu was the place to be.   So south of Cebu City, CarCar or further down, is that right?  And does anyone live down that way.  In my case I would be looking for something close to a town, have power and water and phone reception / internet reception. How doable is that ?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you were to attend a Church service in any modest sized town you would be sure to be asked some polite questions for sure one would be "are you single" once you say "no, but I'm looking" you are going to be a very popular man! :dance:
Not only in churches. Everywhere  :)  
im looking also, but I want to try and avoid the typhoons! I was told South Cebu was the place to be. So south of Cebu City, CarCar or further down, is that right?
Most typhons go in the "North Typhon Belt"  which goes though Manila, but sometimes they go down there too.  (E g the centre of a very big one went just south of Cebu island 1.5 (?) years ago. Some are so wide, so even if the centre go north, they have effect down there too.) 
And does anyone live down that way. In my case I would be looking for something close to a town, have power and water and phone reception / internet reception. How doable is that ?
It is in most places, but you need to test the internet, because of local differences.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Finding a good woman in Philippines is not at all difficult. Many would say go out into da Providences to find a nice gal but they can be found anyplace. 

Is that how it's done :lol: hmmm, if I did that I would not have been scammed. But I would lose 9 years of the good life.

In a mall like SM, gimmie an hour to meet someone. Be "in relationship" by evening. :rolleyes:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was out for a walk this afternoon.  As I walked around Sibulan, near the ferry terminal and near the waterfront, I saw this house for rent.  I did not contact them as I don't need a house.  I just post it to give people an idea of what they can rent here.

My guess as to what it would rent for is: I would pay no more than 10K pesos a month for it and honestly, without looking inside I would expect it to rent for about 8K  But I may be way off so here it is

post-41-0-86893800-1430052191_thumb.jpg

And if it thrills you, here is a close up of the contact numbers.  I have no idea who they are and no interest in the house.  Just trying to help out anyone who may be interested in what is available here.

post-41-0-49158300-1430052586_thumb.jpg

• Like 1