Travel With My Girlfriend Problems?

Friday11
Posted
Posted

Hi all ,

Me and my gf plan to go to thailand for 2 month .

First we will apply thai visa in manila and i have all documents so that shood be ok!

Is there a "huge" risk that immigrantion dont allow her go on plane?

We been together 1.5 year shes 23 iam 27

She have never travel overseas before so blank new passport.

We will travel from manila internationell airport.

What shood we be ready for?

Thanks for all answers.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Unless something has changed in the last year your GF does not need a visa from Thailand.

Make sure you have round trip tickets and hotel reservations. Ensure that your GF has copies of both. If you have any other documents, pictures, etc. that can be used to establish your long term relationship bring those along. She will need to fill out paperwork at immigration and you will be required to sign paperwork taking responsibility for her and ensuring her return to the Philippines along with showing you are financially capable, i.e. showing them a credit card. This process can take 30 minutes to an hour. So get to the airport 3 hours before your flight leaves. Bring enough cash (pesos) to pay her travel tax and any other fees.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Hi all ,

Me and my gf plan to go to thailand for 2 month .

First we will apply thai visa in manila and i have all documents so that shood be ok!

Is there a "huge" risk that immigrantion dont allow her go on plane?

We been together 1.5 year shes 23 iam 27

She have never travel overseas before so blank new passport.

We will travel from manila internationell airport.

Thanks for all answers.

Nothing at all. That doesn't mean you shouldn't follow Earthdome's recommendations.

A person with a valid passport and ID should not have any problems.

You will need a outbound ticket from the Phils, to show in Thailand, that is sure. 

jon1
Posted
Posted

Some people have been stopped when traveling with their GF/Fiance' and required her to get a CFO brief before departure http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348&Itemid=918

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I don't know about Thailand but my wife and I traveled to Hong Kong without any problem for either of us. She just showed her passport and paid an extra fee of over 1000 Pesos, I forget exactly how much

Gator
Posted
Posted

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Other documents that are not required I've found helpful:

1) A barangay clearance;

2) Certificate of No Marriage; to show she's not running away from a husband;

3) Notarized letter from her parents (preferably drawn up by an attorney) giving their permission for her to travel with you. Sounds odd since she's of legal age, but it did really help me once.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Other documents that are not required I've found helpful:

1) A barangay clearance;

2) Certificate of No Marriage; to show she's not running away from a husband;

3) Notarized letter from her parents (preferably drawn up by an attorney) giving their permission for her to travel with you. Sounds odd since she's of legal age, but it did really help me once.

That looks like a very sensible list - added to dated photos of you with others, etc.

K and I were stopped at Clark on route to Hong Kong for a holiday. We produced evidence that we knew each other, return tickets, etc.

The attitude of the Immigration staff is unpredictable. 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

All the above is good advice. I travel quite often to Thailand with my partner who is mid thirties, and her treatment by Manila immigration can be quite variable. Some have little interest in asking questions, others give her the 'third degree' as to why she is travelling. It will help that you are travelling together. We have noticed that some girls who are sexily dressed seem to attract more attention from immigration, so discrete attire would be advisable.

A return ticket to Phils is essential. She will quite possibly be asked to provide details of accommodation in Thailand, and how she will support herself. And of course the reason for her travel.

In addition to the terminal fee of 550 php she will also have to pay a departure tax of 1620 php. You will also pay the 550 php terminal fee.

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
The attitude of the Immigration staff is unpredictable.

That about sums it up :thumbsup:

In addition to the terminal fee of 550 php she will also have to pay a departure tax of 1620 php. You will also pay the 550 php terminal fee.

As to the p550 terminal fee - - - Pay it yes, but maybe or maybe not at the airport. As of Feb 1, 2015 it's supposed to be integrated into the ticket, but all carriers may not be in compliance yet. so check your ticket / receipt!!!

http://www.philippineflightnetwork.com/2015/02/philippine-carriers-integrate-international-terminal-fee-in-february.html

http://athenspe.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/site-administrator/announcements/345-international-passenger-service-charge-ipsc-integration-program

As a side note, it's not included on my upcoming Cebu Pacific flight that leaves out of Cebu. Instead of making the fee's addition to a ticket compulsory for all airports, the children running the show decided to only mandate it for flights leaving from MNL.

Edited by Gator

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
A person with a valid passport and ID should not have any problems.

Over perhaps the last two years I have read of many problems at the airports regarding a Filipina. I have read about some missing flights, some questioned at length as well as their partner so the word should; should be taken as maybe. Be prepared with every available document and ensure the lady knows exactly where she is going and staying. Ensure she can answer questions about her partner as they could be looking at how well she knows him. Human trafficking is the cause of stricter policies and the Philippines are not like most countries that allow their citizens to travel freely with just a passport.