Any Expats In Cagayan Valley, Isabela Area?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks Boss! I tried to like your post but I guess I can't do that yet either hehe.. :tiphat:

Strange, I thought I fixed that. Will look into it soon.  :cheersty:

KenzoFujisaki
Posted
Posted

I think it's just for noobs like me (says I reached my daily quota). Not a big deal either way!

• 2 weeks later...
PaulB
Posted
Posted

Thanks Boss! I tried to like your post but I guess I can't do that yet either hehe.. :tiphat:

I sent you a message.

• 1 year later...
Maverick Mike
Posted
Posted

Hey PaulB moving to Diffun in June of this year met a couple of guys up that way one seems to run a bar/trinket shop on the main road. Maybe Ill see you around there.

PaulB
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Maverick Mike said:

Hey PaulB moving to Diffun in June of this year met a couple of guys up that way one seems to run a bar/trinket shop on the main road. Maybe Ill see you around there.

Mike

That is great news. Be good to know someone up there. We have our house and a few businesses there but i still work in Abu Dhabi at the moment. I am going over at the end of Jan for 10 days to do my ACR reporting. Let me when and where you will be and we will try to meet as I will be over again later in the year.

Paul

• 1 year later...
Carl m
Posted
Posted

I can see this is an old post from 2015 but I have just moved to solano, nueva vizcaya so posting here to see if any ex pats in the area want to get together.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

If you get further north to Tuguegarao city, give me a shout.

• 4 months later...
Billoncho
Posted
Posted

My wife is thinking about living in Tuguegarao City. I've only been there once for a couple of hours. How's the cost of living and internet speed? I will be working online so I'll need good internet. Thanks.

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 5:01 PM, PaulB said:

I have a house in Isabela near Santiago City and I am looking to locate any other expats living not too far away to communicate with and perhaps arrange to meet up and share a few tales in time.

Hi PaulB, I have a house in Isabela near San Mariano, we also do a bit of hobby farming among other things, I still live in the UK but hope to stay in Ph next year, at the moment we have a 5 week holiday every year to visit family & check the farm, this year we will be there for the month of April. I would love to meet up for a beer one day, While we are here in April I am getting a new van,  so transport is no problem.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

Billoncho,

Internet speed is okay thru PLDT.  It slows down at times but for the most part, it is not a problem except when we lose electricity.  During the heat of the summer, it is common to have a brown out for one or maybe two days a month.  You can get small apartments for around 6500 to 10,000 pesos a month.  A stand alone house can cost about 15,000 up per month.  Veggies are cheap at the local stands but foods from a grocery store are higher than I pay in Nashville, TN area.  Tricycle rates are high here.  They cost as much as taking a taxi in Baguio.  Supposedly the rate is 15 pesos to go anywhere in the city.  It practice, that is not true.  All of the trikes have their route, if you vary from their route, you will pay 70 pesos.  Water is cheap, normally 118 per month but no one drinks it.  Electricity is higher than the Nashville area.  No aircon during the cool months, about 3000, with aircon for one room runs me during the heat of the summer, 7500.  There are two nice malls here now for walking around but has very few western items.

• Like 2