Any Expats In Cagayan Valley, Isabela Area?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, John Chamberlain said:

We decided to buy a few things to help the farming project, such as a tractor,

Hope you taught them about maintenance.  

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why waste money on maintenance when someone will buy you a new one when the thing breaks down and gives up the ghost? :whistling:

• Like 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My brother in law runs an engineering business over there, he is in charge of the farm contracting business as well as the private hire of the new Toyota van, he's so good at his job others bring him jobs that other mechanics have failed on but he always sorts the problem out, he's quite amazing, a genius even, so we are in safe hands. 

P1010959.JPG

P1010993.JPG

P1010890.JPG

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, John Chamberlain said:

so we are in safe hands. 

safety manager.jpg Said  with Tongue in cheek and a Grin John, is that the Safety officer sat among all the Toot smoking in a Workshop?:wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
little correction

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

safety manager.jpg Said  with Tongue in cheek and a Grin John, is that the Safety officer sat among all the Toot smoking in a Workshop?:wink:

The lady sitting is my wife Mercy and Edgar is the guy in shorts, I don't think Health & Safety exists in PH but Edgar looked after our old van which is still a good runner & been round the clock several times, he is buying us a 6x6 lorry this week for hauling Sugar cane and lumber, I'll be interested to see what he buys !! This is why I value my wife's family so much, they are quality who can be 100% trusted, a rare quality in PH hahaha

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, John Chamberlain said:

I don't think Health & Safety exists in PH

Obviously But at a big Cost, Only Yesterday here in Dumaguete not far from My house was this Fire caused we are told by Lack Of safety and good working Practises in Workshops where it is thought ( Fire Inspectors report awaited) was the seat of the Fire, that cost 8 families their homes and destroyed a business next door;Workshop Fire 2.jpg  Workshop fire.jpg But once again it takes deaths and Loss of Homes to get it through to People :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Good luck on your venture. I've been trying to remember anyone on this site that has had a truly profitable business endeavor who hasn't lost their shirt thinking they will make a big score. :unsure:  

• Like 2

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Good luck on your venture. I've been trying to remember anyone on this site that has had a truly profitable business endeavor who hasn't lost their shirt thinking they will make a big score. :unsure:  

I think living there makes it better to see a project through to completion and make a success of a business venture ( even in the UK you need to be hands on ) , I will be more hands on next year and what you say makes total sense. I am 1 in a thousand to have an educated family who are trustworthy and love to see the business grow, they know that both myself and my wife are doing this for a future for us in our retirement but it is also their inheritance, to this end they work very hard for success,  with a great future for them that they never thought possible. In short the old saying of your strength being in your family is so very true & important.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Obviously But at a big Cost, Only Yesterday here in Dumaguete not far from My house was this Fire caused we are told by Lack Of safety and good working Practises in Workshops where it is thought ( Fire Inspectors report awaited) was the seat of the Fire, that cost 8 families their homes and destroyed a business next door;Workshop Fire 2.jpg  Workshop fire.jpg But once again it takes deaths and Loss of Homes to get it through to People :sad:

It is a worry that there appears to be no health & safety and the devastation you show is a result of it, how you fix this problem is almost as difficult as stamping out corruption !!!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, John Chamberlain said:

It is a worry that there appears to be no health & safety and the devastation you show is a result of it,

It starts at Home John it starts at home, Nuff said:mellow: