Any Expats In Cagayan Valley, Isabela Area?

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

Very true Jack  :cheers::56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

I think living there makes it better to see a project through to completion and make a success of a business venture ( even in the UK you need to be hands on ) , I will be more hands on next year and what you say makes total sense. I am 1 in a thousand to have an educated family who are trustworthy and love to see the business grow, they know that both myself and my wife are doing this for a future for us in our retirement but it is also their inheritance, to this end they work very hard for success,  with a great future for them that they never thought possible. In short the old saying of your strength being in your family is so very true & important.

Good luck to you!:smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

In short the old saying of your strength being in your family is so very true & important.

John My friend i would wish you all the Luck in the World ( you may well need it) many times we have spoken about Families but always remember this mate, here "Dogs may bite the Hand that feeds them" :wink: :smile:

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

John My friend i would wish you all the Luck in the World ( you may well need it) many times we have spoken about Families but always remember this mate, here "Dogs may bite the Hand that feeds them" :wink: :smile:

I totally understand where you are coming from, some years ago I was married to Thai girl who I managed to get a visa for & we lived in the UK but as soon as she got use to the UK she was a night mare and I told her to find some where else to live like all these important friends she visited, I divorced her 12 months after and now she is on the game again in the UK !!

My lesson was learned and it was by chance I met a Philippino girl ( she was 50 years old ) which fell for, she is very different, she has worked hard all her life & comes from a farming family who have very strict standards, a bit like my parents. I am quite happy to invest for retirement

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I am also aware that any thing I invest could be swallowed up never to be seen again but Mercy is not that sort of girl, neither are her close family, they are all university qualified and work hard.

I know there is always a risk with any venture but I am very comfortable with what we are doing and Mercy speaks to the family nearly every day, I am delighted to say the tractor is being kept very busy earning very good money and the van has been doing well with private hire, to day my main man Edgar is going down to Manila to buy a 6x6 truck for sugar cane and lumber, I will post a pick when he's sent one later in the week. The hope is that the profits will fund a Combine Harvester for our rice fields as well as all the relations and farming friends in the area, when in 12 months we go for an other holiday it will be interesting to see where we are and may be we can move there permanently to fulfil our dream retirement plan !!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

My lesson was learned and it was by chance I met a Philippino girl ( she was 50 years old ) which fell for, she is very different, she has worked hard all her life & comes from a farming family

2 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

they are all university qualified and work hard.

Scratching Head.jpg Sorry John But.............................. It don't Add up They are one or the Other, I for one have been here too long to hear BS . No offense meant but we have heard all this before :wink: Harsh maybe But...........................:tiphat:

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I understand you Jack but if you saw the way Edgar strips an engine down to its last nut & bolt to re-build it you would know that he has been trained to a very high standard, he can also do the same with a Rice mill, Jeepney or lorry as well as any welding, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, the other brother did a degree in electronics and his daughter is a fully qualified radiologist in Cayuan City Hospital.  Any way I know in general you would be right and in a few years time we will see if my plans work properly, fortunately I already  have an income to live on but I would love to see the farming business & contracting flourish too, it would give me great pleasure in my retirement to over see things & expand things, I am not very good at sitting about doing nothing although I do love a few beers & social life too.:cheers:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, John Chamberlain said:

the proof of the pudding is in the eating,

:58: Oh So True John and that also means a fair to Good Return on your Investment, To my and a couple of other members is where the Problem Starts, Cash Flow. As I said before me and I am sure many others wish you well all I will say on this is have the Books/balance Sheet sent to you for your approval and /or Comments and advice from afar. In my early days I and others did not and paid dearly . John, be Lucky, be vigilant and above all be Happy with the result or you may be saying "They told me so"  I certainly Hope not mate.  Wishing you  all the     Good luck.jpg      :smile:

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:58: Oh So True John and that also means a fair to Good Return on your Investment, To my and a couple of other members is where the Problem Starts, Cash Flow. As I said before me and I am sure many others wish you well all I will say on this is have the Books/balance Sheet sent to you for your approval and /or Comments and advice from afar. In my early days I and others did not and paid dearly . John, be Lucky, be vigilant and above all be Happy with the result or you may be saying "They told me so"  I certainly Hope not mate.  Wishing you  all the     Good luck.jpg      :smile:

I totally agree Jack and I do have a very business like wife in Mercy who has with all her business dealing with family in the PH insisted on books to account for money in & out, part of her holiday is to check all the figures, she is my security and expects / demands full accountability. So far all has gone according to plan except where the weather destroys a crop which happens from time to time, to this end I try to have business that is not weather dependant, the next 12 months will be interesting and after investing 50k the future investment must come from profits !! I thank you for your wishes, luck may play a small part but Mercy will be closely monitoring progress on a daily basis with the help of free calls on messenger, she spends more time talking to PH than to me hahaha

• Like 1

John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

I was just looking at the PH map before I say to you Jack that you would always be welcome to visit us when we are back next year, wow you are way down south but the invitation stands and its always good to see English speaking people. After an 8 hour journey by road from San Mariano to Manila I have to say that to travel by road is torture, such danger for coaches /poor driving and narrow mountain roads I have vowed to always fly if I am going any distance, then it turns an 8 hour journey into a safe 45 minutes on a plane.

• Thanks 1