4 Lane Highways

Wrye83
Posted
Posted
Once you have a feel for these unwritten rules and abandon the strict rules of the west driving becomes easier.

This ^. When you drive in the Philippines forget everything you have been taught in your home country. B*tch and moan all you like, it's not going to change how they drive. Learn to drive like a local or keep using public transportation. Contrary to what some have said here; they are predictable and there are rules of the road.....they just aren't written anywhere and you have to learn them as you go. 

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As I have said on other threads, I spent an entire day watching how people drove when I first got here... The next day, I rented a motorcycle and spent the whole day driving around Cebu... Not one problem! I got to know the Jeepney drivers on the route past my hotel as there was a major transfer point out front... Toss them a smoke or water once in a while and you've made a friend for life... I talked one owner/driver into letting me drive one around the route... Of course he chose 3am for my drive time... But after the first time around, he was impressed and let me keep driving until I decided I had enough... I gave in at 10am... Hehe!

Now that I'm in Davao and often ride with a Filipino friend... I swear he thinks he's on a NASCAR track! There are speed bumps here you idle across.. Not him! Passes on the right and locks up the brakes just before the bump... Passes everybody while on very narrow 1 lane roads... Sounds like the stories you hear about Filipino drivers, right? So far, he's the only one I've seen drive the way he does...!

:D

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
So far, he's the only one I've seen drive the way he does...!

Give it time brother lol

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So far, he's the only one I've seen drive the way he does...!

Give it time brother lol

That's true...  He has 3 brothers...!

:mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1