Manila - Streets Are Toilets .

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Gratefuled, I find this a bit harsh.

As do I.

Save your whining for someone who cares.

This is not the view of the forum in general.  If members did not care, they would not comment.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

TENA MAN, COMES TO MIND :hystery:

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

thanks Jack and others for the interesting comments. I am far from a prude and I know I am in a 3rd world

country. Much of the blame is due to lack of public toilets. I was down the beach area in Laoag and found one of these 'toilets' that consisted of a couple of walls, a makeshift floor and a point in the corner where it flows into the sand.

Very scientific. It was more to the view that it is damaging their tourist potential as what I experienced last

night was not far off the 'tourist route'.

Mogo, you know where I live and you now know Vigan, but your comments are directed towars Metro Manila.

Metro Manila and Quezon City have a population of 12 million with an estimated 8 milion squatters, that's Sao Paulo like, except Sao Paulo has more squatters and street dwellers.

Not sure what you expect there mate, I will usually drop into McDonald's, Jollibee or Chow  King to use the faciliies and that doesn't seem to be a problem,

We are going down next week for our bi annual visit and we are really looking forward to it, Gina will visit her salon which is my promise to her and we will wander around Divvy and Quiapo shopping for "cheap" stuff because that's what we like.

We will stay in Recto which is walkng distance to everywhere, so no dreaded taxi's, tricycles and jeepneys.

It's a big deal for us and we will really look forward to it, Willing to overlook minor inconveniences.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

To "On My WAY",

"Gratefuled, I find this a bit harsh.  We all like to complain about some things and this forum is a good place to do it, hopefully in a constructive and lighthearted way.  It makes no difference if he is here for 3 weeks or 3 years"

Sir, I understand what you are saying but I am only responding to Mister Thailand the way he responded to one of my posts. 

Remember the saying" What goes around comes around". 

I have never ever before responded like this before. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

I hope you understand. My apologies to you and others but not to him.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

To "On My WAY",

"Gratefuled, I find this a bit harsh.  We all like to complain about some things and this forum is a good place to do it, hopefully in a constructive and lighthearted way.  It makes no difference if he is here for 3 weeks or 3 years"

Sir, I understand what you are saying but I am only responding to Mister Thailand the way he responded to one of my posts. 

Remember the saying" What goes around comes around". 

I have never ever before responded like this before. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

I hope you understand. My apologies to you and others but not to him.

Mate, you are usually very good.

You are getting called  out here, quite correctly. It was the wording, too harsh.

You don't have to "pay back". We can all read.

EDIT: Apologies noted.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Save your whining. We who have been here longer than 3 weeks have seen the good along with the bad. If you don't like what you see or smell  then don't return here. Not much will have changed. Save your whining for someone who cares. 

So, if you're going to complain don't bother to return. We have seen it all before you.

If someone has a whine on here they usually get answers which can help alleviate the problem.It is better to whine on here than let a solvable problem send you nuts. Also someone else may have a similar problem and it could help them.

• Like 3

Czechman
Posted
Posted (edited)

This doesn't apply to Manila but I have been there and yes, it's quite atrocious. You see and smell the stench all around; they just don't care either!

However this applies to the same situation. We were on a tour of some real nice waterfront properties outside of Cebu City not too far out from the new GIGANTIC SM mall city, and towards the end of the tour, this big Assue dude (younger than me) decides to take a leak in the bay waterfront - right where some young Filipino kids were playing in the water! I just said, "Wonderful..." I felt like kicking him into the water! I mean really, there were public facilities everywhere! 

I scratched that place off of my list after that! Besides, it's too far out anyway.   

Edited by Czechman
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
this big Assue dude (younger than me) decides to take a leak in the bay waterfront - right where some young Filipino kids were playing in the water!

Obviously poor judgement, or worse, but so many visitors have the attitude:  If you cannot bet them, join them.  Perhaps we should realize that Filipinos look up to 1st world citizens as examples of what they would like to be one day. Being good examples is the one thing we can all do to aid the progress of this country.

• Like 1

Bambino
Posted
Posted

I agree with last post, that was a bit harsh, I guess some folks just like to flame others. In America we do tend to be somewhat prudish. I remember the first time I went to Germany, and the bus driver got off the bus and relived himself across the street from a five star hotel and no one paid any attention to him.

Oviously it's not just people in third world countries that do that sort of thing. I would venture to say that original poster has never been to France or Germany, in France they have communal rest rooms and nobody pays any attention to it. It seems most people in the States attach some sort of sexual meaning to a perfectly normal bodily function. If you wanted to find a cr in France just follow your nose!

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gratefuled, for the like and coming back on that.

I'm sure the boys will move on.

• Like 3