Expats Club Or Meeting In Cebu

Nano
Posted
Posted

Thanks again folks, I will post again as I get closer to arrival or need some answers.

Nano
Posted
Posted

Looks like I'm staying in Talamban.  Hopefully, I can find a few friends near there.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Nano said:

Looks like I'm staying in Talamban.  Hopefully, I can find a few friends near there.

Do you know where it is? 

Alleycat
Posted
Posted

The main expats hang out in Talamban is Eurohub which is a busy sports bar and eatery.  Talamban is not a big place but where, exactly, will you be staying?

Nano
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you know where it is? 

Yes, I see it on the map.  Kind of out of town but quiet they say.

Nano
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Nano said:

Looks like I'm about 3 miles north of the IT Park just up Banolad Rd. So maybe we can have lunch one day.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Nano said:

So maybe we can have lunch one day.

Only if you learn where to type your replies :cheersty:

• Haha 3

Alleycat
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Nano said:

blockquote widget

13 hours ago, Nano said:

Looks like I'm about 3 miles north of the IT Park just up Banolad Rd. 

3 miles north of IT Park puts you very close to Eurohub.  That's where you need to hang out, at least initially.  Late afternoon/early evening is popular with many, there are usually bands on during weekend evenings and big sporting events are well attended.  If you don't mind a walk (or run), like beer and have a warped sense of humour, try Cebu Hash; they are very active socially and members can usually be found at Eurohub.  There is also a carpet bowling club that operates out of there and it's the watering hole of a few golfers and no doubt other pastimes.

Nano
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Nano said:

I'll be staying at Santorini Residences off hiway 77.  Sounds like Eurohub is a good starting point.  Thanks guys.

Alleycat
Posted
Posted

Hiway 77 is a reasonably quiet and fairly traffic-free road, compared with the main Highway and many other arterial roads in Talamban.  That is a good thing in many respects but it also means that at night it becomes a very dark and quiet place.  Whilst I am sure that you will be perfectly safe in Santorini Residences which are a gated community with 24/7 security, and I have walked in that area at night without a single problem, my advice is to take a taxi home at night, at least until you become familiar with the area.

• Like 1