Filipina Wife Or Gf. Oh..... I Forgot To Tell You About That.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Anyone else get the, "Oh I forgot to tell you about that"?

Please feel free to share your pain.

For me its usually to do with the car. It's been a number of years she modified one of our cars but yesterday she gouged the front air-dam and fascia on the car.  :boohoo:

I tried my best to look angry and upset but I just can't, I love her too much.

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

It happens now and then, but sometimes she forgets to tell me that we're supposed to be attending some function or other.  Good thing I rely on her to plan our weekends, or I might commit to be someplace else!

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The worst thing for me is not admitting she did it.  There are only two of us living here and she is the one normally found on the office chair but somehow I must have broken it.  What is it that will not allow them to say they did it and they are sorry? It would build a sympathetic response instead of an antagonistic one.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

With us it is usually just some gossip about family or the neighborhood she didn't tell me .... you know to a Filipina gossip is a very serious matter and not to be taken lightly ..... 

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The worst thing for me is not admitting she did it.  There are only two of us living here and she is the one normally found on the office chair but somehow I must have broken it.  What is it that will not allow them to say they did it and they are sorry? It would build a sympathetic response instead of an antagonistic one.

This is simply impossible: "face" does not permit it. Best just to accept the situation gracefully. Any attempt to ma\ke her admit it and apologise will just build resentment.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I am happy as I am immune from this aspect. My significant other cannot drive a nail into a piece of wood let

alone a car. She tried to ride the bike under instruction and nearly killed me and could not steer it on her own, only to lose control and I nearly broke my already stuffed back.

Sso it appear I am exempt from above misdemeanours. But no doubt she will make it up in some other area!!!

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Anyone else get the, "Oh I forgot to tell you about that"?

Please feel free to share your pain.

For me its usually to do with the car. It's been a number of years she modified one of our cars but yesterday she gouged the front air-dam and fascia on the car.  :boohoo:

I tried my best to look angry and upset but I just can't, I love her too much.

Ah yes, Gina had some money in hand. She got a nice phone on pawn from her cousin, our neighbour. But she got a new deal and trade up the phone for a motor cycle. But the cycle was already under pawn to the owner of the phone.

The original owner of the bike, her uncle, came looking for the bike.

Got that. She also "forgot to tell me"

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Yes Dave. Welcome to the Filipino world of "Saving Face".

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
What is it that will not allow them to say they did it and they are sorry? It would build a sympathetic response instead of an antagonistic one.

I must admit I am more guilty of this than her.  Only because I might break an infrequently used item and forget about it, until the next time I need to use it.  When she breaks something, she goes straight up to me and asks me to please fix it.

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Ah face. An American friend who runs a restaurant here comments that he has a supernumery member of staff called "Woznt Me"

• Like 5