Visa Plan Of Action?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Not to complicate the issue.... but there is a 6 month extension available, but only at certain offices. Not sure which ones, but not mine (Iloilo).
Isn't it weird Tim that Iloilo will process 13A ACI cards but not tourist 6 mo visas?

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
Book return leg of Phil flight as far into the future as possible (up to a year I believe online) as maybe able to use for return to UK. One-way ticket and "throw-away" doesn't appear to be working out cheaper.

Look into refundable flights and ones where you can change the return date (most airlines only charge a modest fee, some are free, if done far enough in advance), but often the upfront ticket cost can be significantly more.

Upgrade Visa to 59 days on arrival at immigration office at airport and before getting passport stamped. If asked about date of return flight (longer than 59 days) say that you intend to apply for LSVV (Long-Stay Visitors Visa - 6 months) after 59 days

The BI won't ask, it's the airline in your country of departure who will ask to see your itinerary (note I did not say return ticket) as they are required to. If they don't log something that appears valid into their system they face heavy fines. Read into that what you want, but let me state that I am neither endorsing nor condoning any illegal or deceitful activities.

If you decide to go the 59 day then the 6 month visa route then get your first 59 day visa at the airport as it's faster, saves you a trip to a BI office field office and is likely p500 cheaper too. Cebu City tacks on an extra p500 "express service" fee; not sure if all other BI offices charge it or not (Cebu City adds the express fee to all of it's same day services).

If asked about initial hotel stay being for only 1 month say that you'll be moving on from there but not sure where to

No one will ask. But the name & address of the place you're initially staying (hotel, etc.) is required on the customs/immi form you'll fill out on the plane (last leg before arrival).

May also need ARP (Alien Registration Program) registration (seem to believe I've read it's becoming mandatory in September, 2015 and SSRN number needed for ECC?)

Not "may"; if you're going to stay longer then 59 days you will be required to register. You will be compelled to do so upon renewal of your 2nd 59 day visa or upon the filing of your first 6 month extended tourist visa if said 6 month visa is sought within the first 59 days of your stay. It's not free, no documents from the BI are ever free, lol. 

has anyone applied for a 59 day visa before leaving their native land out of interest which I believe you can do?

I looked into it, although a bit cheaper it seemed more of a hassle then what it was worth. They asked for a lot more paperwork then what the BI offices ask for.

Airasia have lots of promo fares

Check Cebu Pacific too, they also run a lot of very cheap promo flights to international destinations.

https://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/default.aspx

Edited by Gator

Thomas
Posted
Posted
the name & address of the place you're initially staying (hotel, etc.) is required on the customs/immi form you'll fill out on the plane (last leg before arrival).
Is there any exception from that?

Or do BI bother if I don't write corect?

(I know where I will go when I'm in Visayas,

BUT I will not know if I will have to STAY some days in Manila  :boohoo:  until AFTER I have had meetings there, or if I can go on to Visayas after the meetings without sleeping in Manila. I don't want to stay in Manila more than necesary  :)

Gator
Posted
Posted
Is there any exception from that? Or do BI bother if I don't write corect?

None as far as I know, it's required to fill out the form, but what you choose to put on it as far as the name of the hotel is concerned is your biz. I doubt they would ever bother to actually and check, but what harm is there for listing the name of a hotel and it's correct address even it's in the Visayas?

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

some excellent info there guys which has helped clear things up for me no end as I've got to be honest and say that I was "slightly" confused on one or two of the details lol. The plane immigration form comes back to me now as does the airlines' requirement to check your itinerary and not PI immigration so feel a lot more reassured now.

Thanks again.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

the name & address of the place you're initially staying (hotel, etc.) is required on the customs/immi form you'll fill out on the plane (last leg before arrival).

Is there any exception from that?

Or do BI bother if I don't write corect?

(I know where I will go when I'm in Visayas,

BUT I will not know if I will have to STAY some days in Manila  :boohoo:  until AFTER I have had meetings there, or if I can go on to Visayas after the meetings without sleeping in Manila. I don't want to stay in Manila more than necesary  :)

Put the address of where you know you will be staying... That is your intended address for your stay and what they are looking for... If needed, let them know when you come on that you are staying one or two days (as per whatever you require) at Hotel Hell before proceeding to the address supplied but you probably won't be asked... This is more for an emergency contact record...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Not to complicate the issue.... but there is a 6 month extension available, but only at certain offices. Not sure which ones, but not mine (Iloilo).
Isn't it weird Tim that Iloilo will process 13A ACI cards but not tourist 6 mo visas?

Yeah... I think we are the largest city in Region 6.  Seems like we would have a full service office... oh well... welcome to the Philippines!  :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is there any exception from that? Or do BI bother if I don't write corect?

None as far as I know, it's required to fill out the form, but what you choose to put on it as far as the name of the hotel is concerned is your biz. I doubt they would ever bother to actually and check, but what harm is there for listing the name of a hotel and it's correct address even it's in the Visayas?

Put the address of where you know you will be staying... That is your intended address for your stay and what they are looking for... If needed, let them know when you come on that you are staying one or two days (as per whatever you require) at Hotel Hell before proceeding to the address supplied but you probably won't be asked... This is more for an emergency contact record...

Good. Then I can put the hotel where I plan to stay when I arrive to Cebu island.

((But I will not make reservation, because I don't know how long time it will take in Manila, In best case one daytime, so I can go on to Cebu in the evening, in worst case almost two weeks in Manila  :boohoo:   :)   

--

Btw - To the new Muslim autonom, will there be both tourist VISA and terrorist VISA?   :)

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1