Fish

fred
Posted
Posted

Believe it or not,the blue parrot fish here make really good fish n chips.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Believe it or not,the blue parrot fish here make really good fish n chips.

I get an instant picture of someone selling one in the market saying:  "Its not dead, just sleeping"

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sometimes they have it in SR 

Actual Cod Kev?

JP :)

Well that`s what it said on the package but who knows!

Might have meant Cash ON Delivery, COD  :)

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted

Actual Cod Kev?

S&R sell Cod loins under the Emborg label. The fish is caught in the North Pacific and has a high water content. Only a passing resemblance to Cod caught off Iceland and landed by British boats in Hull or Grimsby.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Actual Cod Kev?

S&R sell Cod loins under the Emborg label. The fish is caught in the North Pacific and has a high water content. Only a passing resemblance to Cod caught off Iceland and landed by British boats in Hull or Grimsby.

Most frozen fish I have bought here seems to have a high water content,one time I weighed the defrosted fish(which was sold as 1 kilo) and it was 800 grams of fish.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
nd it was 800 grams of fish. Like This Selective Quote Top Quote MultiQuote

served with phony fice?

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

Talakitok

Masarap. I noted its cod like consistency as well.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Talakitok

Funny... A friend bought some from the door-to-door fish vendor yesterday and his wife fried it up in a nice light breading and I was invited to have lunch with them.. It does taste very much like cod... The funny part is they have never had this fish before and my friends wife thought it taste a little off... So my friend asked his brother to try a bite... And he promptly spit it out into the street... I guess they don't know what cod tastes like around here?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Talakitok

Funny... A friend bought some from the door-to-door fish vendor yesterday and his wife fried it up in a nice light breading and I was invited to have lunch with them.. It does taste very much like cod... The funny part is they have never had this fish before and my friends wife thought it taste a little off... So my friend asked his brother to try a bite... And he promptly spit it out into the street... I guess they don't know what cod tastes like around here?

I will have to rememberthat name of the fish as I am a bit fed up with cream dory.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am a bit fed up with cream dory.

Ditto.  I would LOVE to have some real old fashioned English Fish & Chips but I am not sure if it is just my aging memory that remembers them being so good or the taste of old newspapers that they came wrapped in

• Like 1