Building A Welll

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack,

Nice looking dirty kitchen.  What is the counter top made of?  In the pictures it looks shinny but I could not detect joints like tile.

danny

:) It is done with 60 X 60 Ceramic Floor tiles. (Shows what a decent All Rounder I got, when he turns up that is  EH?)

Jack  :thumbsup:

Morning All  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
alligators to going under the hard water!  I'll take the hard water over alligators any day! Jake and Jack Peterson like this Like This Selective

Think they mean ice.

:mocking: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
virginprune
Posted
Posted

Have just sunk a well, 3 x 2" steel pipes, cost P4500. Jetmattic pump P3495. Labour P1500. Electric pump, Nochi 1HP for shallow well, plus fittings, exclusive of tank P15,000. Tank to come later after build.

Hope this will be enough as we are over 500m from nearest water district. When other plots are built on and occupied, maybe we can all chip together for piping in!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Have just sunk a well,

Did you get the water tested for potability?  Or is it just for toilet flushing etc.?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Have just sunk a well,

Did you get the water tested for potability?  Or is it just for toilet flushing etc.?

Let's see, so you are asking if it has been tested to verify if it is potable vs potty-ble?  :nudie:

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Have just sunk a well,

Have just sunk a well,

Haven't had it tested yet but the water is very clean and the builders are using it for cooking etc! I made a coffee with it 6 hours ago and I feel fine!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Haven't had it tested yet but the water is very clean and the builders are using it for cooking etc! I made a coffee with it 6 hours ago and I feel fine!

Sounds good.  There were 2 reasons for my query.  First, I have had many expats tell me that its not safe to drink well water so I wondered if you had yours tested and Second, to find out where you would take the water to have it tested.  I don't know where so I wondered if you did  :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I made a coffee with it 6 hours ago and I feel fine!

Dear Members

I regret to inform you of the passing of one of our esteemed members. Preliminary investigation appears to point towards a water supply.  :signnvm:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sounds good.  There were 2 reasons for my query.  First, I have had many expats tell me that its not safe to drink well water so I wondered if you had yours tested and Second, to find out where you would take the water to have it tested.  I don't know where so I wondered if you did  :tiphat:

Testing of Well water can be done at the District Water Company But if you do that, they will know you have a well and then they will start to delve as Dumaguete Water are likely next year going to TAX well water, Cost will depend on useage, We had ours done at the Med Lab in town

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
We had ours done at the Med Lab in town

If you've already mentioned it, please refresh my memory, what did they say about the use of your well water for human consumption?

EDIT:  I'm thinking they told you to just add some Tanduay and you're good to go  :hystery:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver