Recommend Town Within An Hour Of Manila?

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

hmmm. well I guess that clears it up. Thanks. I'll get the hang of all this before too long/before it's too late

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I can't say for the Greater Manila area but here in Davao, I have found that you can pretty well write your lease to be the way you want it - as long as the landlord agrees!  I have a 1 month payment in advance and 1 month deposit for securities and utilities over 6 months.

:mocking:

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

that's good to know Bob. Where to live and accommodation details are proving to be one of the hardest things to decide on I'm finding. Managed to wade through all the info on healthcare, money, visas etc., etc., and now there's this. All part of the fun I guess though.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

One other comment - do not expect to get your deposit back - this does not seem to happen.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

hmmm. well I guess that clears it up. Thanks. I'll get the hang of all this before too long/before it's too late

BASICLY concerning contracts it's as it is in our home countries 

=Agreed things has to be followed   :)   (if not BOTH parts agree to change the contract deal.)

(SAME goes for ORAL agreements. The difference is it's harder to prove.)

I can't say for the Greater Manila area but here in Davao, I have found that you can pretty well write your lease to be the way you want it - as long as the landlord agrees!  I have a 1 month payment in advance and 1 month deposit for securities and utilities over 6 months.

If I remember corect, that's what the law say is MAX (and normal).  Contract length time can be agreed to ANY.

Many landlords demand one more month rent in advance than the law allow. 

One other comment - do not expect to get your deposit back - this does not seem to happen.

Yes.  Many landlords has SPEND the deposit, so they CAN'T pay back  :mocking:

So it's rather common tennants SKIP paying the last month rent to "use up" the deposit money.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have rented twice and in both cases received my deposit back. First case was only 1 month deposit and had to wait until the electric bill was paid out of the deposit, then they deposited the remainder in my BPI bank account and sent me an SMS. Second rental I was able to consume the deposit by not paying the last months rent after negotiating that with the landlord after informing him I would not be renewing the lease.