Paranormal Activity In The Philippines?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any paranormal activity in the Philippines. I'm the curious type and I think I have or thought I did.

One evening a while back I thought I heard some sobbing coming from another room. It turned out to be coming from the ktchen. When I went to check, there was no one there. I went back to the bedroom and the sobbing started again. When my wife arrived I told her and she explained that it was the rice. Yeah right, the rice was sobbing. Ok, she's pulling my leg. 

She explained that there was a litle bit of rice left in the rice cooker that wasn't eaten and it was sad. Ok, now that explains the sobbing but why?  

Has anyone heard about this?  

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any paranormal activity in the Philippines. I'm the curious type and I think I have or thought I did.

One evening a while back I thought I heard some sobbing coming from another room. It turned out to be coming from the ktchen. When I went to check, there was no one there. I went back to the bedroom and the sobbing started again. When my wife arrived I told her and she explained that it was the rice. Yeah right, the rice was sobbing. Ok, she's pulling my leg. 

She explained that there was a litle bit of rice left in the rice cooker that wasn't eaten and it was sad. Ok, now that explains the sobbing but why?  

Has anyone heard about this?  

Mate, my wife asked me to look for mermaids when I'm out swimming, I had to sit her down and explain. It seems the local fishermen say that when one boat is missing.

We get mangoes falling on the roof at night.

We do not get crying rice :no:  :no:

Mate, surely you are not serious here? Yes our wive's from the province can be a bit naive, childish sometimes, but really :unsure:

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Might have been an "aswang". Filipinos are very superstitious

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Has some one been reading the Tourist Brochures about Siquijor  :rolleyes: post-2148-0-60883900-1430553791.jpg

Just asking ?

OK! OK I'm Going.  post-2148-0-32595900-1430553603.jpg 

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

A long time ago I once saw the "shadow people". They are real a-holes. Whispering crap about me just in the next room, sprinting across the room just out of the corner of  your eye, and then one night then they materialized into the most terrifying crap I have ever seen....demon babies cut in half crawling across the floor at me, crap crawling under my skin...ugh! Sleep deprivation is a real b*tch. That was the night I decided to never touch the pipe again. ;) Jok jok na lang...... :whistling:

• Like 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I was in Navotas a couple of years ago and there was a preacher casting out demons in a lilkte grassy are by the fishport entrance, I wanted to stay and watch ..cept my gf at the time and her mother where ready for the mall

, I believe there is lots of spirituality here, good and bad

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Of course there are paranormal activity in Phils too, because there are such in all countries,

NOT counting wak-waks, which many Pinoys believe in (outdoor),

BUT in Phils there are more NORMAL sources for odd sounds e g from insects or lizzards, so in almost all cases I believe it depend of something alive.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I had to get up. It's about 4am and my back is aching. So, I thought I would drop in and see how things are here with the other expats.  So, there are a few responses to my comment about paranormal activity. Actually, it's not paranormal at all. It's something the old Filipino mothers tell their children if they leave a little rice in their plate. Suppose to be their way of not wasting rice. Their way of teaching them to eat everything on their plate. Especially, if they are poor and not to waste food. 

Filipinos consume a lot of rice. My wife will not eat anywhere unless she has a side order or 2 of rice. I never noticed if she ate every kernel.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was in Navotas a couple of years ago and there was a preacher casting out demons in a lilkte grassy are by the fishport entrance, I wanted to stay and watch ..cept my gf at the time and her mother where ready for the mall

, I believe there is lots of spirituality here, good and bad

It's flooded underwater half the time. Sounds "fishy" too me.

• Like 1