Watch What You Say Or You Could Be A Persona Non Grata

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
am I deported?

I cannot imagine them going to the trouble.  More likely it is just entered into a computer somewhere and next time that person tried to enter the country (like after a visa run) he gets a polite but firm:  Sorry, you are on the blacklist and cannot enter the country.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You won't be deported unless the city pursues BI for a continuation of their resolution...  In that case, it may happen.  Think Justin Bieber...  He made some crude comments about the Philippines, a resolution was raised, passed and forwarded to BI...  Now he can't enter the Philippines.

:mocking:  :rolleyes:  :tiphat:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

what ever happen to the young man named JIMMY (cebu??)who had made a video of his displeasure?

of what I recall he made  an apology but he seemed to have some "manny" marks on his face

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well here is another one.  Oh for some fun butthurt you should read the vile comments on the page below the article.  They don't seem to be any better than he is ha ha  :tiphat:

A Thailand national living in the Philippines might face deportation after issuing racist remarks against Filipinos on social media.

In a statement, the Bureau of Immigration (BI) said it lodged an undesirability charge against Prasertsi Kosin for calling Filipinos “pignoys,” “stupid creatures,” “low-class slum slaves” and “useless race in this world” under the name “Koko Narak” on Facebook.

Koko-Narak-300x299.png

Thailand national Prasertsri Kosin, also known as Koko Narak, might face deportation after posting on social media racist remarks against Filipinos.

“Bureau of Immigration (BI) officials yesterday issued a deportation charge for undesirability against Thai national Prasertsri Kosin, known to netizens under the handle ‘Koko Narak,’” the statement read.

Kosin, 32, earned the ire of Filipino netizens after screenshots of his racist remarks posted on the Asean Community Facebook page went viral.

According to a report from Pep.PH, Kosin has been staying in the country for three years and is working at Cognizant Philippines, a business process outsourcing company based in Taguig City.

The viral screenshots read that the Thai national described the food of a Philippine fastfood chain as “stupid tasting” and said Filipinos were better off working as “maids and toilet lickers.”

Kosin has since apologized for his posts, saying he issued his remarks out of “playfulness.” He also said Cognizant Philippines had penalized him for his actions online.

“To All Filipinos on this page”! This is my great sorrow to inform you that I am very sorry what I’ve done or posted the racist comments wheter on the Asean page or my personal facebook. No matter the comments I have done are either from my intention or my playfullness. Kindly accept my apology [sic],” his apology read.

“At the first sight of my intention to join this page, I came across just to do the debate only. I didn’t mean to hurt your heart Filipinos. Surprisingly, mosts of my debates on the page hurt you because of my imaturity. This is my sincere apology to all of you Filipinos. What I would like to inform you is, I am not feeling scared of the post or the blog. But I am feeling scared of brokening all Filipinos’ heart here. Many comments that I posted on the page are kind of playful more than my intention to be racist to all Filipinos [sic],” he said.

Source:http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/689422/bi-to-deport-thai-man-for-spewing-racist-slurs-vs-filipinos

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think the city resolution are just them, locally, saying they don't want you.  I believe it has to come from BI to be really official... like nationwide, pack your bags and go home, official...   BUT if push comes to shove I would bet the BI would take the city officials side over our side.  I certainly would not want to bet my visa against it ha ha  :tiphat:

This is right. We all know that Filipinos are connected through many others so it would not take much for a complaint to be passed to the BI about a person of non grata and for the BI to follow it up even if its just a favour for cousin 55.

Look at the post above, you have to be careful what you say or write and with the high use of social media these days someone may read what you say.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
(Quote from the Thai) This is my great sorrow to inform you that I am very sorry
Haha   Don't that mean he is SAD that he APPOLOGIZE?
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

In one of the Filipino Groups I am in on Facebook some are calling for jail not deportation?!

But if I felt the way the Thai guys spoke, then I would not want to live here.  I have only been here 2.5 years but I am enjoying it so far.  not too many complaints.    But watch out for the easily butthurt....

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The epithet "Racist" can be thrown around very easily.

I was accused of being a "racist" by a very well educated Filipina in her sixties, whom I had considered a friend, because I had the temerity to agree with an article, written by a friend of hers, another Filipina, which criticised the Philippines' education system. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I was accused of being a "racist" by a very well educated Filipina in her sixties, whom I had considered a friend, because I had the temerity to agree with an article, written by a friend of hers, another Filipina, which criticised the Philippines' education system. 

That accusing Filipina, seem to need better education...  :lol:

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

That accusing Filipina, seem to need better education...  :lol:

She holds a Doctorate from a very serious American university!

It does show that you can never take the responses of your Filipino friends for granted.