Pacman Loses Narrowly

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The Pacman was narrowly defeated on points this morning Asian time) by Mayweather.

Although a unanimous decision, it was very close only 2 and 3 points from judges cards.

The fight was not a great one to watch, Mayweather did his usual dance, jab and as soon

as Manny got near him, he would hold on and not allow him to fight in close.

Nevertheless, Manny did manage a number of strong blows which visibly shook Mayweather.

I was not impressed with Mayweather;s performance at the end of the iight which was

disrespectful to his gallant opponent. As always Pacaiou was the gentleman that he is.

But Mayweather clearly won the fight and as such must be respected for his ability.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

The Pacman was narrowly defeated on points this morning Asian time) by Mayweather.

Although a unanimous decision, it was very close only 2 and 3 points from judges cards.

The fight was not a great one to watch, Mayweather did his usual dance, jab and as soon

as Manny got near him, he would hold on and not allow him to fight in close.

Nevertheless, Manny did manage a number of strong blows which visibly shook Mayweather.

I was not impressed with Mayweather;s performance at the end of the iight which was

disrespectful to his gallant opponent. As always Pacaiou was the gentleman that he is.

But Mayweather clearly won the fight and as such must be respected for his ability.

116-112, 116-112, 118-110,  unanimous decision, the fight was not that close.

Manny landed just 81 punches v 277 landed by Mayweather. But Filipino still claim Manny won. Manny had a sore shouder, blah, blah, blah.

Mayweather won on Dancing with the Stars, and displayed that here.

As you said Mog, Mayweather won the fight, we are not biased, we saw what we saw. We might discuss Mayweather's behaviour later, he has a bad track record, in the ring and outside.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Mayweather scored well with left jab, but most of his punches lacked any power/

I am surprised at the punch count, I doubt it was that far apart, but Manny certainly hit him with some

very good punches.

So far as Filipinos hanging onto their hero, I totally understand that, when I see how many of the poor

live and the poverty that is the Philippines - they have to have something to hang onto.

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can't believe the punch count! Mayweather was scored for a punch on many of his jabs that were touches - not punches... By the count, Manny wasn't given the same... There are all ready some controversial comments on both the scoring and refereeing from some people high up in the boxing world that, should they prove true, may leave things open for a rematch... Should that happen, I think we'll see a much stronger fight from both camps!

I say we will get scammed again.

Manny's "old" in boxing terms, he's had a KO and a previous knee injury. He has had brilliant fights with Marquez, but Mayweather out danced Marquez without hurting him winning 11 rounds. Mayweather is even older but he's never been down, has not taken a series of hard punches.

Bob, Manny's quite a hard hitter. What they are saying is Manny hurt Floyd which is true, in the 4th he did stun him. In boxing that only counts once. If he's actually hitting him, it should accumulate right?

Punch counts are reviewable on video and have nothing to do with the decision, Let me search that.  Mayweather being an axxxhole has nothing to do with the decision.

I still believe it's about the money, as such, this show was not worth it. Think of Ali-Frazier x 3,  Ali-Foreman even Pacquiao-Marquez x 4, Pacquiao-Eric Morales x 3....through history great fights,,,,Dempsey-Gene Tunney, Marciano-Jersey Joe Walcott.. This fight does not measure up.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

My numbers were off my memory, here's the official count.

Mayweather outlanded Pacquiao 148 to 81 and even threw more punches, 435 to 429.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I can't believe the punch count! Mayweather was scored for a punch on many of his jabs that were touches - not punches... By the count, Manny wasn't given the same... There are all ready some controversial comments on both the scoring and refereeing from some people high up in the boxing world that, should they prove true, may leave things open for a rematch... Should that happen, I think we'll see a much stronger fight from both camps!

Manny's "old" in boxing terms, he's had a KO and a previous knee injury. He has had brilliant fights with Marquez, but Mayweather out danced Marquez without hurting him winning 11 rounds. Mayweather is even older but he's never been down, has not taken a series of hard punches.

Bob, Manny's quite a hard hitter. What they are saying is Manny hurt Floyd which is true, in the 4th he did stun him. In boxing that only counts once. If he's actually hitting him, it should accumulate right?

Punch counts are reviewable on video and have nothing to do with the decision, Let me search that.  Mayweather being an axxxhole has nothing to do with the decision.

I still believe it's about the money, as such, this show was not worth it. Think of Ali-Frazier x 3,  Ali-Foreman even Pacquiao-Marquez x 4, Pacquiao-Eric Morales x 3....through history great fights,,,,Dempsey-Gene Tunney, Marciano-Jersey Joe Walcott.. This fight does not measure up.

You are showing your age Chris with some of those comparisons! But I agree it was not a particularly good fight, but who is to

but who was to blame mostly for that - Mayweather. HIs tactics of retreating and holding Manny whenever they got

close eventualy won him the fight, but surely he has a responsibility to 'fight' especially when you consider

how much he was paid.

You cannot question Manny's attitude in the fight, he walked up and chasd Mayweather all nifht and in the process

got hit with left jabs but at the end of the fight, he did not have a mark on him. So as I am Bob has said, hardly

punches from Mayweather, taps is all I call them.

In the past there was points awarrded for taking the fight up to the opponent and points deducted for continual

holding - I wonder what the score card would have been if these rules were in place. Or where they in place and

not enforced? Manny can hold his head up proud.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The better boxer, at least for this bout, may have won the fight, but he is certainly not the better man.  Manny's actions, words, and lifestyle reflect favorably on himself, the sport, and his country.  Mayweather, on the other hand, displays what many throughout the world call "American arrogance" both in the ring and his personal life choices.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The better boxer, at least for this bout, may have won the fight

well said :thumbsup:

Mayweather, on the other hand, displays what many throughout the world call "American arrogance" both in the ring and his personal life choices

Said even better :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

You are showing your age Chris with some of those comparisons! But I agree it was not a particularly good fight, but who is to

but who was to blame mostly for that - Mayweather. HIs tactics of retreating and holding Manny whenever they got

close eventualy won him the fight, but surely he has a responsibility to 'fight' especially when you consider

how much he was paid.

You cannot question Manny's attitude in the fight, he walked up and chasd Mayweather all nifht and in the process

got hit with left jabs but at the end of the fight, he did not have a mark on him. So as I am Bob has said, hardly

punches from Mayweather, taps is all I call them.

In the past there was points awarrded for taking the fight up to the opponent and points deducted for continual

holding - I wonder what the score card would have been if these rules were in place. Or where they in place and

not enforced? Manny can hold his head up proud.

Valid point on the rules. Who knows the current convention, but an America fighting in USA would get the homeboy ruling.

Mog.  Dempsey v Gene Tunney was in 1928, as far as I know I was not there :no:  :no:

• Like 2