Pacman Loses Narrowly

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I still haven't looked to see which rules they fought under...  Still, a lot of those touches (as opposed to a true punch) were used in the scoring for Mayweather IMHO- - and that's not in the rules...  There is a criteria to follow for scoring and a touch doesn't meet any...  I would need to watch the fight again (the whole fight - I had to leave with 3 rounds left to go - and rescore it to see if I can see it as a valid conclusion to the fight.  

Either way, I would love to see a rematch!  Both sides now knows how the other fights and will come out for the win in every round IMHO!  Then we can have both an entertaining fight and also a respectable ending for both fighter's careers!

:mocking:  :dance:  :bash:

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

I disagree Bob. Mayweather will not change his tactics. This is how he has always fought and will for the next one. He reminds me of how Andersen Silva would fight in the UFC. Made for a boring match and another fella that I was glad to see leave. I agree on some shoddy refereeing. A couple of low blows without warnings or points. It was very obvious that Mayweather was not the crowd's choice as he was booed quite loudly while he did his nonsensical posing on the ropes as his post fight celebration. I do not know of anyone who was for Mayweather (foreigners included). 

Pacquio should take his $80M+, retire and pursue his political career and investments. One of the agreements to this fight was no rematch. 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Pacquio should take his $80M+, retire and pursue his political career and investments. One of the agreements to this fight was no rematch.

The fight didn't start at 3am UK as I thought it was going to. So having to pick my wife up from the Airport I only got to see a replay.

My opinion is Pacquiao was robbed.

Mayweather's punches either land softly or on Pacquiao's gloves  most of the time.

Most of the coverage shown during rest bites were in Mayweather's corner, giving the impression he was the main man.

Pacquiao hurt Mayweather  quite a few times and had him on the run or up against the ropes. "Pacquiao isthe man" and should of won on point's.

Why no return match? He deserves a return match and I think he would win it! The Filipino Nation have every right to be proud of him.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted
Why no return match? He deserves a return match and I think he would win it!

I heard that this was in the contract. I can't confirm it. A rematch would be mutually beneficially financially but with Mayweather, his immaturity always gets in the way. I wonder how his family felt hearing him being booed like that?

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

I heard that this was in the contract. I can't confirm it. A rematch would be mutually beneficially financially but with Mayweather, his immaturity always gets in the way. I wonder how his family felt hearing him being booed like that?

I'm sure Mayweather or his family doesn't care what 900 Filipinos think of him.  That's how many tickets Manny bought for his entourage, valued at $3-4 million.  Most people who could afford to buy those pricey tickets on their own....well, they tend to have a bit more class and typically aren't the type of person who boos a professional athlete. 

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm sure Mayweather or his family doesn't care what 900 Filipinos think of him.  That's how many tickets Manny bought for his entourage, valued at $3-4 million.  Most people who could afford to buy those pricey tickets on their own....well, they tend to have a bit more class and typically aren't the type of person who boos a professional athlete.

I haven't heard anything on the "no rematch' but I wouldn't be surprised!

As for the booing? Just about every time I saw a camera shot of this, it was usually someone who looked western... And, by some of the reports in the international boxing rags, almost everybody was booing! I know if I was there, I would have been too!

:D

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The better boxer, at least for this bout, may have won the fight, but he is certainly not the better man.  Manny's actions, words, and lifestyle reflect favorably on himself, the sport, and his country.  Mayweather, on the other hand, displays what many throughout the world call "American arrogance" both in the ring and his personal life choices.  Just my opinion.

Well said Mike, I agree. He won, but did not win the honour.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I can't believe the punch count! Mayweather was scored for a punch on many of his jabs that were touches - not punches... By the count, Manny wasn't given the same... There are all ready some controversial comments on both the scoring and refereeing from some people high up in the boxing world that, should they prove true, may leave things open for a rematch... Should that happen, I think we'll see a much stronger fight from both camps!

I say we will get scammed again.

Manny's "old" in boxing terms, he's had a KO and a previous knee injury. He has had brilliant fights with Marquez, but Mayweather out danced Marquez without hurting him winning 11 rounds. Mayweather is even older but he's never been down, has not taken a series of hard punches.

Me either.

Bob, Manny's quite a hard hitter. What they are saying is Manny hurt Floyd which is true, in the 4th he did stun him. In boxing that only counts once. If he's actually hitting him, it should accumulate right?

Punch counts are reviewable on video and have nothing to do with the decision, Let me search that.  Mayweather being an axxxhole has nothing to do with the decision.

I still believe it's about the money, as such, this show was not worth it. Think of Ali-Frazier x 3,  Ali-Foreman even Pacquiao-Marquez x 4, Pacquiao-Eric Morales x 3....through history great fights,,,,Dempsey-Gene Tunney, Marciano-Jersey Joe Walcott.. This fight does not measure up.

You are showing your age Chris with some of those comparisons! But I agree it was not a particularly good fight, but who is to

but who was to blame mostly for that - Mayweather. HIs tactics of retreating and holding Manny whenever they got

close eventualy won him the fight, but surely he has a responsibility to 'fight' especially when you consider

how much he was paid.

You cannot question Manny's attitude in the fight, he walked up and chasd Mayweather all nifht and in the process

got hit with left jabs but at the end of the fight, he did not have a mark on him. So as I am Bob has said, hardly

punches from Mayweather, taps is all I call them.

In the past there was points awarrded for taking the fight up to the opponent and points deducted for continual

holding - I wonder what the score card would have been if these rules were in place. Or where they in place and

not enforced? Manny can hold his head up proud.

Valid point on the rules. Who knows the current convention, but an America fighting in USA would get the homeboy ruling.

Mog.  Dempsey v Gene Tunney was in 1928, as far as I know I was not there :no:  :no:

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Pacquiao should have had the injection that was requested and considered allowable by officials until he was in the building.  It is difficult to raise your right arm  with partially torn tendon and rotator cuff.  The fight should have been delayed for healing or injection allowed as was legally possible under the rules.   But anyhow what are these two old men doing in the ring (oh for $100 million) LOL

chris49
Posted
Posted

Pacquiao should have had the injection that was requested and considered allowable by officials until he was in the building.  It is difficult to raise your right arm  with partially torn tendon and rotator cuff.  The fight should have been delayed for healing or injection allowed as was legally possible under the rules.   But anyhow what are these two old men doing in the ring (oh for $100 million) LOL

Excellent point, however an injection to relieve pain and inflammation will not repair the rotator cuff.

Healing or surgical repair as done on baseball pitchers takes 6-12 months with rehab. But in practical terms it could not be (REF ALI-FOREMAN, THE BUNGLE IN THE JUNGLE, ZAIRE 1974,  WAS DELAYED 2 MONTHS BY ALI'S BROKEN HAND) because of  time factors and pay for view sales.

That's why a few US sportswriters are calling the fight a well choreographed scam