Yellow Cab Pizza Expanding-Your Pizza Choice?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Although I only had Yellow cab pizza once my memories says that it was nothing special. I had tried some other pizza brands in Cebu but again nothing special. For this business to expand overseas they obviously believe in their product so lets hear your opinion on what is the best pizza in the Philippines.

:1 (235):

Yellow Cab Pizza expanding to Hawaii

Yellow Cab Pizza Co., a New York-style pizza restaurant headquartered in the Philippines, is expanding to Hawaii with its first location.

The company, which has locations scattered across the Philippines, recently pulled a $45,000 building permit for a location at 801 Dillingham Blvd. in the former Quiznos spot near Costco in the Honolulu neighborhood of Iwilei, according to public records.
There’s also a Yellow Cab Pizza coming soon sign draped on the outside of the former Quizno’s space.
Yellow Cab Pizza has been registered as a trade name by Honolulu-based International Restaurant Group Inc., whose partners include Michael and Maly San Luis, according to the state Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
In addition to pizza, the chain also sells pasta dishes, chicken wings, desserts and other appetizers.
The company’s delivery drivers utilize Vespa scooters for its deliveries.
The Yellow Cab Pizza location is near another Filipino establishment, Max’s of Manila.
PBN reached out to Yellow Cab Pizza for comment Monday.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Jollibees has expanded to the US... does not mean their food is any good ha ha.

For pizza, here in the PI's, Yellow Cab is pretty good.  But in Hawaii, there are a lot of options.  I don't know if it is that good.  The Shakey's by my house finished their renovation so I went there for lunch.  A pretty good pie - but too expensive. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I did enjoy the Yellow Cab pizza last time we was over in the Phils, i was so hungry too, maybe thats why it tasted so gooooooooooood

chris49
Posted
Posted

Papa John's, Yellow Cab, Sbarro, Sicilian Pizza, Napoli Pizza, The Old Spaghetti house, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, in approximately that order. And that doesn't mean Pizza Hut is all that bad, but the others are better.

Shakey's is all over but I never liked them much

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Here in the Philippines, I make my own pizza. I have not found any pizza here to my liking. Pizza Hut does not put any sauce on their pizza. The sauce is what makes the pizza along with the cheese. The same with Shakey's. The few Italian restaurants I've tried here are close to what I like but still prefer to make my own. I make a great lasagna,too. Ricotto chese was the most difficult to find, I found that Swiss Deli has it. 

• Like 1

cyberbro
Posted
Posted

Coming from NY and loving pizza, I thought Yellow cab was tasty but a greasy mess. I liked Shakey's more but I rate it for a chain pizza and thats a separate category in my head. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Coming from NY and loving pizza, I thought Yellow cab was tasty but a greasy mess. I liked Shakey's more but I rate it for a chain pizza and thats a separate category in my head. 

Find Yellow cab more of a pie than a pizza. My best would be Calda, not perfect how ever at least some spices. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

No matter who makes the pizza, someone isn't going to like it...  Why?  Because we all have our favorite style pizza from back home!

With that said, I finally had a pizza from S&R last night...  For a pizza here in the Philippines, dang but it was good!!!!

:mocking:  :dance:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was motivated to post due to a pizza I didn't like!  There is a local pizza place with 2 locations here called Sam's Pizza.  Our 10 year old said it was yummy when she had it a few times at school.  We stopped by the Barrio Barreto location yesterday and took home 2.  It was terrible!  And expensive!

Our favorites are still Pizza Hut and S&R here in Subic.  There is a second S&R food place opening at Harbor Point mall soon.  I have seen the pizzas at Extremely Expresso but have not yet tried one.  They look good if you like thin crust.

The first time I had yellow cab was in Alabang and I thought it was decent.  Here in Subic I have not liked it.

Edited by OnMyWay

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it was nothing special

Motion  seconded.  All in favor say "Yuch!"