American Small Kitchen Appliances Inquiry

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Computers (other than laptops) run faster too

Desktop computers will almost all have a small sliding swith on the back of the case to switch fron 110 to 220 volts. On laptops the power brick will handle both 110 or 220 volts. Any 110 volt appliance will not run faster on 220, it will either fry or just blow a fuse if you are lucky.

But it's to high Hz  =speed   for desktops. 

It's kind of as driving a car engine at red all the time until it break.

I BELIEVE it's no problem for laptops, because they are driven from battery or THROUGH a charger, so if something break, because of the Hz, then I suppouse it's just the charger.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Desktop power supplies with just fine on 50 to 60hz...

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Even if they are made to be used in a country with 50 Hz, but move it to a country with 60 Hz?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Even if they are made to be used in a country with 50 Hz, but move it to a country with 60 Hz?

Exactly! The ac power is rectified to a flat DC voltage before leaving the power supply... No more frequency!

• Like 2

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry I thought we talking about kitchen applainces, which reminded me of that old joke about .... why do brides wear white .... so they will blend in with the kitchen appliances!  So I naturally figured when you were talking about kitchen appliances you were talking about how your gf / wives prepare dinner for you and how they clean the dishes etc, my mistake!

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Ynot, you have been a member of the board for two years and expect the topic to stay on track???? :bash:  :bash:  :bash: .

Anyway, like I said, when we made the move the wife insisted that all kitchen stuff come also. (smaller stuff). We built our house so had some plug wired for 110. Now I am no electronic type, but our electrician seems to be able to switch 220 to 110 pretty easily :cheersty:  (the out lets that is). If you own the house that might be a possibility. Worth checking out anyway, especially if your bringing a container anyway 

Ynot
Posted
Posted

Sorry

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just as big an issue is that many home electrical systems do not have a ground. So it is more likely that your electrical/electronic appliances will get damaged from lightning. A surge protector doesn't work very well if it has no ground. Once you get here you will notice that many filipino's are in the habit of unplugging something when it is not in use.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

My gf does that everytime we leave the condo,  goes around and unplugs every plug she can find, I always thought she thought she was saving electricity costs. Now if I can only get here to not turn on every light and the ac and the tv while she plays on here tablet. I used to carry a power adapter around with me everywhere to charge my phone, laptop, taber. Now I just plug the charger right into the wall plug, never had any problem with that. probably like the other post, te ac power is rectified to dc in the charger