Got An Ecc Today At Bi Manila

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Since we all know how often things change with out notice, thought would post my experience.

We fly out in 10 days and went to the Manila BI with our flight itinerary, 13 Visa card and passport. Was directed to one window, got a form. Filled out the form, went to another window, some computer checking, a form was printed out, then off to the cashier. Paid my P2880, then off to another window. Got the forms stamped, initialed and processed and told to just present it to immigration at the airport.

Whole process? Under an hour.

For what its worth :cheersty:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just the ECC was p2880?  I had no idea that it was that much.  I have to get one in September.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I had no idea that it was that much.

Ya OMW, even the wife made a comment "boy they sure soak you foreigners". This coming from a dual citizen who is going to travel on her Philippine passport this time.

As Mr. Dangerfield said..............We get no respect :hystery:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I always chuckle about the ECC....  Most of our home countries have this also, we just don't notice as it's buried in the taxes we pay with our tickets!

:mocking:  :rolleyes:  :dance:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

sorry to show my ignorance what is an ECC?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
what is an ECC

Here is the official answer.

There are lots of threads on it if you want to search, try Exit or Emigration in your search query.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I always chuckle about the ECC....  Most of our home countries have this also, we just don't notice as it's buried in the taxes we pay with our tickets!

Well of course Bob, Exit tax is one thing, Exit Clearance is another

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well of course Bob, Exit tax is one thing, Exit Clearance is another

It's all semantics, Jack! You still have to pay to leave the country! In the Philippines, you will pay more to leave if you're a tourist than a resident will... In most countries, everybody pays the same rate... There really isn't much more to the ECC than the money collected and a quick check for any registered complaints against you - such as not paying your bills or overstaying your Visa...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
There really isn't much more to the ECC than the money collected and a quick check for any registered complaints against you - such as not paying your bills or overstaying your Visa...

You call a 72 hour wait and 2.800 php something the rest of the world do. Bob not going to split hairs on this but........................

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There really isn't much more to the ECC than the money collected and a quick check for any registered complaints against you - such as not paying your bills or overstaying your Visa...

You call a 72 hour wait and 2.800 php something the rest of the world do. Bob not going to split hairs on this but........................

JP :tiphat:

Ok I will bite, where does the 72 hour wait come from? The BI advisers to apply at least 72 hours prior and probably a good thing because some might find they have an issue they did not know about. Scott said it took under one hour to obtain his.