Car Rental / Insurance

patmac
Posted
Posted

Hi All   New to group   Insurance on rental car  in Cebu City ? or do i just hire a  driver through Hotel , is he insured ? Thank's for the help  Patrick

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum patmac

http://www.avis.com.ph/index.php

This will be a good place to start. Never rented a car here myself. But seeing you are from New Jersey, I will assume you have driven in NYC, so you should be ok here :hystery: .

As the saying goes, there is no such thing as a silly questions, so ask away. But you will find that even though the Philippines is a 3rd world country and not really known for its organizational abilities, once your here you will find that we have running water, flush toliets an most modern amenities.

Hope you have a great stay :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

Unless you are a professional driver with experience driving taxi in New York City (or in my case, Niagara Falls during tourist season), or possibly short track racing, I would recommend hiring the car and driver.  Often the rental agency can either supply a driver (for a cost) or recommend one - as can the hotel.  Or, if you aren't going to spend everyday going to 20 places in a car, taxis are ridiculously inexpensive!  It's really not worth renting the car and driver in most cases!

:mocking:  :dance:  :tiphat:

patmac
Posted
Posted

Thank's all . Whats the best way for me see the Bacolod  area . Day trip taxi for the day ? book a hotel  for a night  ? Patrick

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thank's all . Whats the best way for me see the Bacolod  area . Day trip taxi for the day ? book a hotel  for a night  ? Patrick

Patrick

To see any area you need to stay awhile. I think you said somewhere you will be in Cebu so a day trip is not what you need. Bacolod is on a different island for a start so you need to plan for several days and depending on what you actually want to find makes a difference as to how long to stay in one place.  Most hotels will have someone to be a driver but you will probably pay a much higher price by using hotel drivers. You can find a taxi that you think is a nice guy and ask for a set rate depending on what you want to do which is one option. Many tour companies have drivers but we have no idea of the reason for your trip so hard to help you. 

:cheersty: