Expats, Anyone Try Being A Matchmaker?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Any Expats "introduce" a Filipina or Filipino family member to a Foreigner friend? How did that work out? Any good stories to share?

I have a couple (pun intended) :rolleyes:  :no: 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have suggested ONE POSSIBLE suiting in personality, to early to know if they will become a love connection.

And I have told SEVERAL CAN'T suit each other   :mocking:   long time.  ("Any" can suit each other SHORT time, if there are attraction, but if the personalities don't suit, it can't be a happy long time relation.)

LOCK UP!   If supporting (a profesional) Matchmaking business, even just by spreading pamphlets or such !!!  it can end up in PRISON, because Phils have included it in the ANTITRAFFICKING law !!!  :bash:

(Phils have Prison in the punishment scale for other SMALL crimes/neglections too  :1 (103):  so even if it's unlogical to get prison time, we can't be sure, because it has happened before. I know of two redicilous handlings of the Phils juridical system including prison, although not any of them concerning this law.  One Filipino in custody rather long time during holidays for snatching a snack! One foreigner sentenced to have done a murder HIMSELF, although he could proove he wasn't even in the country when it happened!!! I suppouse Lehnert know many more such cases.  =The German, who has dedicated his life to assist foreigners, after he got unjusted treatment himself before that.)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

What you say is true Thomas, anyone Filipino or Foreigner (especially foreigner) in "Mail Order Bride" or other international matchmaking business can be seen as trafficking and may end badly for those involved. Or taking "test rides" for that mater.  :559:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have found that the foreign men who are new to Philippines tend to want girls that I could not, in conscience, match them up with.  Yes the girls look good and smile good and say all the right things but that is because they know how to play the guys and the guys seem to really want to be played.

Once the guy has been through a break up or two he starts to know what to look for and at that time I could help match the guy up but by then he already knows what he wants and does not need any help getting matched up.

Of course, if you are talking about matching guys up with fantastic looking girls who have two feet and a heartbeat and will go out with the guy for 500 pesos then yeah, I have passed a few names on.  Not recently but years ago I did.

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have found that the foreign men who are new to Philippines tend to want girls that I could not, in conscience, match them up with.  Yes the girls look good and smile good and say all the right things but that is because they know how to play the guys and the guys seem to really want to be played.

Once the guy has been through a break up or two he starts to know what to look for and at that time I could help match the guy up but by then he already knows what he wants and does not need any help getting matched up.

Of course, if you are talking about matching guys up with fantastic looking girls who have two feet and a heartbeat and will go out with the guy for 500 pesos then yeah, I have passed a few names on.  Not recently but years ago I did.

Lovely comment!

The Philippines is full of very charming ladies who, if they meet a foreigner with a heartbeat and a wallet, ask first if he is available and, on being told that he is not, ask him to suggest a friend.

I think this is a case of Groucho Marx's Rule :

"I would not join any Club that would have me as a member!"

I would not recommend any Filipina who is looking for a foreigner, or vice versa. I have a widowed 37 year old sister in law whom I would recommend to anyone - but she is not looking!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I've hooked up a few guys with Filipinas, but it was more like 'pimping' than 'matchmaking' and never for anyone with whom I wished to remain friends.  Often girls will ask me if I have a friend like me, but single.  I usually suggest they meet my identical twin, Jerry.  But that never seems to work.  :lol:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yes Dave, the guys who have never been in the country tend to think they will get a beauty, without weighing up the consequences. And most outsiders don't realize that plenty of us got burned more than once. 

I have not been to Angeles but have a few friends over there. i saw a few pictures on FB, girls in bikini's look like miniature versions of Playboy models, maybe surgically enhanced. Then I saw how many followers and comments on their page and I thought,,nah, it's only going to cause problems, heartache mainly.

If I was currently looking for a girl I would put education as a high priority Bachellor's Degree desirable. My wife doesn't have one, but she has a bit of intelligence, some aptitude, but can be lacking also. Let's say composing a letter and formatting it she couldn't do it, but a girl with a degree could easily do that,

Then the single mother syndrome. Sometimes it's hard to meet a woman who doesn't have a kid attached. Of course we accept that, but better if we don't have to deal with it. 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I've hooked up a few guys with Filipinas, but it was more like 'pimping' than 'matchmaking' and never for anyone with whom I wished to remain friends.
Oh you did it to sabotage  :lol:
Yes Dave, the guys who have never been in the country tend to think they will get a beauty, without weighing up the consequences. And most outsiders don't realize that plenty of us got burned more than once. I have not been to Angeles but have a few friends over there. i saw a few pictures on FB, girls in bikini's look like miniature versions of Playboy models, maybe surgically enhanced. Then I saw how many followers and comments on their page and I thought,,nah, it's only going to cause problems, heartache mainly. If I was currently looking for a girl I would put education as a high priority Bachellor's Degree desirable. My wife doesn't have one, but she has a bit of intelligence, some aptitude, but can be lacking also. Let's say composing a letter and formatting it she couldn't do it, but a girl with a degree could easily do that, Then the single mother syndrome. Sometimes it's hard to meet a woman who doesn't have a kid attached. Of course we accept that, but better if we don't have to deal with it.
The most beautiful ones get more options and are often spoiled...

Many single mothers value DOWN themselves, so they are SATISFIED with less...

So there are many RATHER beautiful single mother "bargain" GOOD ones, specialy if they are close to or over 30, because they count THEMSELVES as old then   :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know if the filipinas would appreciate being called a "bargain" but, for those of us who cannot have children, a beautiful and loving wife who won't hear the "family clock" ticking away may just be the perfect wife! I know my wife-to-be would love a child and the best we can hope for is to adopt...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 2