Expats, Anyone Try Being A Matchmaker?

Ynot
Posted
Posted

i hate to say this but i tried to help a mate once when he flew into thailand and asked me if i knew anyone so i arranged for my gf at the time to take a gf of hers with her to meet him that night.  When my gf told me who she took I knew it would not work but perhaps he would enjoy the company, the girl was a mercenary, I thought my mate would see through her but he was dazzled by her beauty ( I must admit she did look good) and the relationship lasted 6 months, I think it was when she requested that he refit her hair salon out with new equipment and a 50 inch colour tv that he realised she was more interested in the wallet than the person themself.   But prior to that introduction that I suppose i did not make, there was another one to a nice Thai lady whose husband had died, unfortunately that relationship did not last as my mate was really not ready to meet anyone, he used to go "missing" would leave it for weeks at time before making contact and only by email, he refused to use skype or yahoo (he is a regular on skype now talking to his current gf), so I was surprised it lasted a year when his gf said she thought it better they finish because he would not commit.  His current gf seems nice, I was with him when he met her and he has been back to see her a few times and brought her to Aus for trip so things seem to be going smoothly

• Like 1