In Davao - Where To Buy Engagement Ring?

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew the best place in Davao to buy an engagement ring. Been looking a lot of places and a little confused if places are offering decent quality/deals or not.  Dont really know much about jewelry (what's good or what's not.) Looking to spend around 100k pesos  (less if possible but 100k is my budget.) Been with the little lady quite a long time now,  and its  time to make her legal. smile.png

Please reply if you know a good  jeweler or place to shop for an engagement ring. Thanks in advance.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I didn't buy an engagement ring. Instead, I bought matching wedding bands.  Saved a lot of money. Good Luck.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One of my friends is in the gold business... His family mines it! I'm not sure if anyone in the family is a Goldsmith but, if not, I'll find out who they recommend...

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I was wondering if anyone knew the best place in Davao to buy an engagement ring. Been looking a lot of places and a little confused if places are offering decent quality/deals or not.
  Pawn shops    :)

(Of course I don't know anything about your gf, but rather many Filipinas prefer a piece of land to her, or piglets or such, which they can earn money from. Or they want BOTH   :mocking:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Please reply if you know a good  jeweler or place to shop for an engagement ring. Thanks in advance. Like This Selective Quote Top Quote MultiQuote

Flying over in couple of months would be happy to stop at a street vendor in NY and get a genuine 1c ring and a Rolex for you.  About $150 including my slight mark up.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if anyone knew the best place in Davao to buy an engagement ring. Been looking a lot of places and a little confused if places are offering decent quality/deals or not.
  Pawn shops    :)

(Of course I don't know anything about your gf, but rather many Filipinas prefer a piece of land to her, or piglets or such, which they can earn money from. Or they want BOTH   :mocking:

Now, that's funny. 

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I checked with my friend and found out that his father is also one of the more respected goldsmiths in Davao - but he is semi-retired now... He likes to spend time on the farm he just bought out of town though he's back right now... And he is never more than a phone call away if he's needed... My friend also knows quite a few other goldsmiths here and, if you're interested, can set you up with whichever would be best for you should you prefer! You should be able to get a better ring for your money this way!

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Craziest idea in the world is a guy going out shopping for gold or engagement rings!

The average man (me) knows absolutely nothing about them and how can you ever know that what you are looking at in the shop is the read deal???

Having said that, my missus bought her own engagement ring in MOA at about half the budget I said she could use and we bought the wedding bands back here in Aust. 

Still to this day I have no idea if the rings we bought were cheap, expensive, a good deal or otherwise! But she is happy so whats does it matter :)

• Like 3