Cebu City To Tagbilaran ?

patmac
Posted
Posted

Hi all  After much travel on Google maps ! I think i'm liking Tagbilaran city a place to spend the winter. Please all  comments, suggestions greatly appreciated .  Looking at the Vest Pension  House Hotel for $28.50 .  Anyone ever been fishing there? The cost of the  ferry from Cebu city to Tagbilaran is  how much? Just looking for a quiet place to fish . Thank's all  Patrick

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

800PHP for tourist class, 1000PHP for business.  The upgrade is not worth it.  I went Oceanjet but it's about the same price with the other that goes there regularly.  Trip takes about two hours but it's well spent, the scenery is pretty incredible.  Just be careful when you arrive in Tagbilaran, your bags will be quite literally just dumped on the wharf amongst the people trying to board for the return journing; don't go looking for them in the tent they use for a terminal. 

Never been fishing there, but if the diving is anything to go buy there's plenty of fish!

Edit:  There's a terminal fee in addition to the ticket price I think it's about 80PHP from memory.

Edited by BrettGC

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi all  After much travel on Google maps ! I think i'm liking Tagbilaran city a place to spend the winter. Please all  comments, suggestions greatly appreciated .  Looking at the Vest Pension  House Hotel for $28.50 .  Anyone ever been fishing there? The cost of the  ferry from Cebu city to Tagbilaran is  how much? Just looking for a quiet place to fish . Thank's all  Patrick

Isn't it better to live ELSEWHERE than the bigest city at Bohol to get a quiet place to fish?   :)

Perhaps you don't find the living standard you want in fishing villages, but there are many small towns or rural resorts, which you can have as base.  

I don't know anything about where there are fishing of a type you like, but there are small fishing boats "everywhere" along the coast. I suppouse you can make a deal with "any" fisherman, who you trust, to let you follow, but if you want ORGANISED fishing trips for TOURISTS, then the SOUTH side of Bohol is for tourists and I suppouse there are some such somewhere there.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Vest Pension House is decent. I reviewed it positively at TripAdvisor twice. One thing you may care about- "No visitors allowed." It's a respectable establishment.

SuperCat is the best ferry service. Much cleaner and far better service. Fewer trips each day but worth adjusting your schedule for.