Uber Now Legal In Da Philippines.....

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I see people with money buying cars, hiring drivers, paying them evan less than what taxi drivers make now. Maybe I am being cynical, there is already an abundance of taxi, trycles, jeepney, mrt, busses On the upside everone has a smart phone, hmmm one more thought do you need a Philippine bank card / credit card ? If so it would remove the tourist from using the service. Can one pay for this service on cash? Most filipino do not carry visa/ mastercard

canadamale
Posted
Posted

If you take the taxi outside  of the airport you pay the attendant $500 peso for the same taxi ride. If you take a metered taxi it will be $120-160 peso.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you take the taxi outside  of the airport you pay the attendant $500 peso for the same taxi ride. If you take a metered taxi it will be $120-160 peso.

:) Moral is then, it is worth the walk to the Meter Taxi rank Yes? the walk will get the circulation back! :rolleyes:

the topic is really about how to pay not how Much! post-2148-0-79846200-1431399766_thumb.jp post-2148-0-55780700-1431399803.jpg

Just saying.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I will download the app and give it a go.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Jack to my knowledge there's been no culture of fraudulent transactions with Uber here in Australia.  That's not to say they don't happen just like anything internet based but most banks/credit cards will back charge for you if they do occur. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I see people with money buying cars, hiring drivers, paying them evan less than what taxi drivers make now. Maybe I am being cynical, there is already an abundance of taxi, trycles, jeepney, mrt, busses On the upside everone has a smart phone, hmmm one more thought do you need a Philippine bank card / credit card ? If so it would remove the tourist from using the service. Can one pay for this service on cash? Most filipino do not carry visa/ mastercard

It already states in the story about problems with fleet owners. 

But Uber still faces challenges unique to the Phillipines. For one, Uber’s routing algorithm doesn’t work as well in Manila, which has some of the world’s worst traffic. And as one writer in the Phillipines points out, Uber has been operating in the country a bit like a condo rental service; operators are buying small fleets of brand new cars and hiring individual drivers—essentially layering a new middleman on top of Uber itself. As the incentives Uber has put into place to spur growth are being phased out, drivers’ salaries are apparently taking a hit so that these fleet owners can break even.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Most of the Cebu cabs I used last March were unsafe and had little or no air conditioning to speak of. If Uber were to provide a quality ride it would be very worthwhile. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Time to go back to basics? I am sure this would be safer and faster than a rotting cab! ( taxi) post-2148-0-10726000-1431481905_thumb.jp and they could sell the droppings ( manure)

Just saying.

OK OK I know, I'm going. post-2148-0-16774900-1431481971.jpg

JP  :tiphat:

Morning All. :morning1:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I like the idea of using uber in Manila because on average you will have a much better experience. No haggling on price, ability to call from your smartphone, newer cars, less risk of getting some rogue taxi criminal. I will look into using it next time in Manila, even if it cost a bit more. I hate the taxi's in Manila.

Now in Baguio it is a different story. Low fairs, always charge by the meter. Usually available to flag down. In Baguio I don't feel the need as much for Uber.

• Like 1