Dumaguete

stevewool
Posted
Posted

There seems to be more people living in this area then other parts of the Phils or i just dont speak to many people,

The other day while making a delivery i started talking to this bloke and he has a house and partner living in that area, been over many many times and he loves it,

I have never been there so whats it like, any advice from people who live there would be welcome

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My advice is watch a heap of these videos to get an idea and visual of the City.  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/user/enricosuave263/videos

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have never been there so whats it like, any advice from people who live there would be welcome

Ask Jack!....Good title for a Topic.

Yes Steve, Jack Peterson amongst other members who are or were living there.

I have been a couple of times, well worth a visit to see for yourself.

Sorry tried to post photo link it didn't work

Edited by Kuya John

RBM
Posted
Posted

Loved it before, meaning several years ago but no more. Crowded, polluted and has serious traffic problems.

How ever close by like Valencia, Bacong or Daurin totally different and super nice.

My choice would be Valencia where I do spend some time, (not enough) cool and great hiking.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

To me, Dumaguete is like Malta,Cypress or Gibraltar you either like it or you don't. 

JP :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Dumguete is great if you never need to drive anywhere.  I'm trying to count the number of expats I know who live in and drive a car or motorcycle in Dumaguete for a year or more and have never been in a motor vehicle accident.  There's me . . . . . . and uh . .. .  JP don't drive so he's pretty smart . . . who else?  Anyone?

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Dumguete is great if you never need to drive anywhere.  I'm trying to count the number of expats I know who live in and drive a car or motorcycle in Dumaguete for a year or more and have never been in a motor vehicle accident.  There's me . . . . . . and uh . .. .  JP don't drive so he's pretty smart . . . who else?  Anyone?

JP rides a bike so watch out. I like Dumaguete much more than Cebu. I find it just right whenever I go over.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I no longer live in Dumaguete how ever visit at least twice a month. Sometimes on a motor and sometimes with car.

After a recent very near miss at 7pm with one of the many crazies there, we now NEVER ride or drive after 6pm.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

After a recent very near miss at 7pm with one of the many crazies there,

:unsure: Ahhh! Come on RBM lets be fair, there are crazies everywhere in the PI not just Dumaguete.

I think we all realize you don't like it but others  need to make up their own minds, wouldn't you agree?  :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
there are crazies everywhere in the PI not just Dumaguete

True.  But lets examine that statement.  There are crazies everywhere and yet there is a higher percentage of them in a 'nuthouse', wouldn't you agree?

My personal observation is that certain areas of the Philippines have have concentrations of foreigner 'crazies' than other places.  The worst area for crazies (IMHO) is the fields area of Angeles.  I suspect, from reading newspapers, that some areas of Manila have high concentrations of foreigner crazies and I know there are crazies in Cebu.

My personal intuition tells me that Dumaguete ranks very high in crazy drivers (filipino and foreigner) and crazy foreigners in general.  So we accept that and put up with it if we want to live here, or we explain to others that this is the reason we do not want to live here.

• Like 2