Clutter..... 30Yrs Of It!

Posted

While quite a few new members are considering a move to Philippine islands, I have only just realised that over the years the amount of rubbish, junk, and documentation we collect.

I guess I'm not the only one who has the "It might come in handy" syndrome, or "can't throw that away I might need it for reference".

Clearing out my Garage was the start of the campaign to rid myself of Yester-year, it has lifted the burden I have been carrying round for years.

Anyone else experienced making this step before moving?

• Like 2

Posted

Often JB and only did it when I was ill but yes I will agree, the stuff I uncovered made my hair Curl ( What was left of it )

Sometimes I thought the best way was post-2148-0-03790400-1431590393.jpg (These are matches fellow members) Glad I didn't I found some really good stuff to sell. :mocking:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

Posted

I do not collect junk. Every 6 months I have what I call "A Throwout Party".  If I haven't use it in the past 6 months, I throw it away, get rid of it, give it away  but I don't keep it. 

• Like 3

Posted
Yes.  I emptied my 6 room villa, plus attic and a big storage house as a step preparing the move.  Only 2 lorry loads, 21 pickup loads and 8 station wagon car loads driven away   :lol:  (=sold, gifts, garbage plus I moved one lorry load and 3 pickup loads to the appartment, so I need to go on sorting away things  :boohoo:    :)    At the same time I started "packing" (=sorting priority order) things I don't need now, but want to move to Phils in steps. (So far it's a volume as 3-4 bb boxes plus a canadian sized canoe, but foldable. But then I haven't packed things as laptop, some books and clothes yet.)
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Posted
I do not collect junk. Every 6 months I have what I call "A Throwout Party".  If I haven't use it in the past 6 months, I throw it away, get rid of it, give it away  but I don't keep it. 

I have tried to be like you but every time I throw out an item or a piece of paper, it turns out I need it a few weeks or months later.  Worst thing is bits of paper in Philippines.  2 years after I paid a cable bill I went to close my account and they said I was a month behind because I missed a payment 2 years back.  They said I had to show them every receipt for 2 years to prove I had paid it.  Fortunately I did not throw nothing out and showed them all the receipts.  It would have only cost me 500 pesos to pay them but you get the point right?

• Like 4

Posted

I have tried to be like you but every time I throw out an item or a piece of paper, it turns out I need it a few weeks or months later.  Worst thing is bits of paper in Philippines.  2 years after I paid a cable bill I went to close my account and they said I was a month behind because I missed a payment 2 years back.  They said I had to show them every receipt for 2 years to prove I had paid it.  Fortunately I did not throw nothing out and showed them all the receipts.  It would have only cost me 500 pesos to pay them but you get the point right?

Speculative invoicing perhaps?

• Like 2

Posted

A couple boxes of old photo albums, some trophies, and some memorabilia back in my country.  I've "lightened my load" quite significantly as I've aged, but now being married the clutter is coming back.  I wanted to throw out some worthless solar-powered flashlight we used during Typhoon Yolanda, but wife keeps it for sentimental reasons.   Yeah, clutter again.   :no:  

• Like 2

Posted

Well up to now Guys I have worn out one  Paper Shredder!

Time for a tea break,, or something stronger......

:13_4_10[1]:

• Like 3

Posted

I gave away/sold most of my stuff before moving over here. A small medium size lorry took away some things which were not good enough to sell/give away.My sister keeps a few things for me which are  worth keeping one day I will get her to send them over as they have sentimental value,some are quite old.

• Like 1