Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

stevewool
Posted
Posted
I'm 46 but I've been told I look like I'm in my 30's.

there just being nice to you :lol:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its down to each person , to tell the truth i am not keen on seeing someone whos in the twilight years with someone who is so young but hey each to there own, and you never know if i was in there position i may be happy with someone so young on my shoulder too,

But it does bring a smile to my face when you are on the beach and you see the man in his late 60s even 70s walking with his stick and wearing the loudest Hawaiian shorts but still has his socks and shoes on :)

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
i am not keen on seeing someone whos in the twilight years with someone who is so young

You (and all of us) are a product of your environment.  Had you lived in England 100 years ago it was common. At that time gay couples were the ones people were not so keen on seeing.  Now its cool to be a gay couple and not cool (in England) to be separated by generations.  Who knows what the moral police will like 100 years from now?

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i am not keen on seeing someone whos in the twilight years with someone who is so young

You (and all of us) are a product of your environment.  Had you lived in England 100 years ago it was common. At that time gay couples were the ones people were not so keen on seeing.  Now its cool to be a gay couple and not cool (in England) to be separated by generations.  Who knows what the moral police will like 100 years from now?

Thats so true , time does change the way we think, what is the saying , going with the flow

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Now its cool to be a gay couple and not cool (in England) to be separated by generations. Who knows what the moral police will like 100 years from now?

100 years from now.....err let me see in my crystal ball....http://newsthump.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bobby-on-the-beat.jpg

I hope their not holding hands.... :hystery:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Now its cool to be a gay couple and not cool (in England) to be separated by generations. Who knows what the moral police will like 100 years from now?

100 years from now.....err let me see in my crystal ball....http://newsthump.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bobby-on-the-beat.jpg

I hope their not holding hands.... :hystery:

It would be nice to see just one walking the beat today and not in 100 years time , when was the last time you seen any copper doing this

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I've been given the cold shoulder by younger filipinas, but I've also been given phone numbers without asking. Like anywhere, it's an individual thing.  I'm 46 but I've been told I look like I'm in my 30's.

ago

Up until a few years ago Brett, now I tell them they should go to Specavers!

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

All over the internet, there are numerous sites with Expats boasting how they are treated like movie stars in the Philippines – even to the point one famous U-Tube expat stating that it was like being given “super powers” when it comes to getting dates in the Philippines. These expats in their 50’s are getting dates with 19 year old Filipinas, and are advertising that “age” does not matter there.

That is not the experience I have during my Philippine visits. Maybe it is because I am not a white American (I am Japanese American), but there are no Filipina’s jumping out at me, or giving me any special treatment either. At 53, I can still fit in my high school jeans and I don’t I look too bad either, but it is my opinion that age DOES matter to Filipinas. Sure, it is more common to see large age gap couples, but in general, I believe the Filipino culture still frowns on it. It is not as normal as most expats believe.

So in lieu of what the expats are saying, I would like to hear it from the Filipinas out there – how do you feel about a 19 year old dating a 50+ expat? Am I wrong with my observations?

Age does not matter only in the eyes of the aged westerner. Plus he has been told so by the young damsel he is

courting, so he chooses to believe it.

I wonder what the young girl thinks when she looks at her 'aged wrinkly' and what she truly thinks? They have

\expectations from their family to help support them so they say what they know their western man wants to hear.

They look around and see the lot of their fellow Filipinos in relationships with wife bashers and drunks (not tht

westerners are all that good in that area), so they take the soft option. Can't blame them really.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

All over the internet, there are numerous sites with Expats boasting how they are treated like movie stars in the Philippines – even to the point one famous U-Tube expat stating that it was like being given “super powers” when it comes to getting dates in the Philippines. These expats in their 50’s are getting dates with 19 year old Filipinas, and are advertising that “age” does not matter there.

That is not the experience I have during my Philippine visits. Maybe it is because I am not a white American (I am Japanese American), but there are no Filipina’s jumping out at me, or giving me any special treatment either. At 53, I can still fit in my high school jeans and I don’t I look too bad either, but it is my opinion that age DOES matter to Filipinas. Sure, it is more common to see large age gap couples, but in general, I believe the Filipino culture still frowns on it. It is not as normal as most expats believe.

So in lieu of what the expats are saying, I would like to hear it from the Filipinas out there – how do you feel about a 19 year old dating a 50+ expat? Am I wrong with my observations?

I had friend about my age at the time. Pure Filipino US retirees, 2 such friends one was a bit older than me.

Dxxxx was about 63, when I was 58-59. He was an average looking guy, typical small Filipino, nothing remarkable about him. He was there at the golf course a few times accompanied by what I would consider to be the top level of bar girl you could find, Judging from her dress and make up.

The other guy was about 62 retired, he was in good shape, used to meet him in the gym. Looked his age. after a slow start he came to me  telling me he had hooked up with a 23 yo, and he had others lined up, inasmuch as knocking on his door.

So that tells me there is some strong discrimination bias going on. Your average 62 yo Filipino man is not actively dating beautiful young girls.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I wonder what the young girl thinks when she looks at her 'aged wrinkly' and what she truly thinks?

Ask her, but then you would not believe her reply because your mind is already made up.  At least it seems that way from your comment.  Am I wrong?

• Like 1