Age Doesn't Matter... Really???

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

You are right in what you say Chis, Ems my wife tells me she loves me but she also told me if i ever told her i dont love her any more then  she would walk away,

What did I say? Was it me or other comment? Can't see the link to what I said. Maybe Tim's comment, not mine

Amazing topic this one:appreciate all the T.C's, top contributor's coming in here with the straight from the heart comments.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
Most of these girls are concerned about a good moral code. Anything like drinking or any kind of carousing is not tolerated, or if you are prone to having a few drinks, it's better to do it under their watchful eye.

This is what you are right about Chris

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

This may or may not add any insight to the discussion but here goes. Janet and I have been married coming on two years. We have plenty of friends here in the US, including some non-Fil-Am couples. While there's been a comment or two most people seem genuinely happy for us. But no one has ever asked whether we have kids or intend to have kids. The few good friends I have to whom I have mentioned the possibility of children have been horrified :)

But when we go to the Philippines and meet people they invariably ask the standard questions: how long have you been married, where do you live, do you have any kids, do you intend to have any kids. I've actually gotten a couple comments like "you've been married a couple years - isn't it time," aka, is the otin still working lol!

It wasn't until the trip that we just got back from that I realized the difference. 

Now what Filipinos say in private behind closed doors I don't know and don't much care. But at least in public we are treated like other couples. 

Edited by davewe
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Most of these girls are concerned about a good moral code. Anything like drinking or any kind of carousing is not tolerated, or if you are prone to having a few drinks, it's better to do it under their watchful eye.

Exactly the same with us.  :th_thbestpost:

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Exactly the same with us.  :th_thbestpost:

Seems to me that this only builds a relationship lacking in trust.  I talked to wife about that early on, that I enjoy going out and having a few beers a couple times a week and she said fine, as long as there are no problems.  I have buddies that gave away that liberty and now they cannot even leave the house without wifey.  I would be miserable if I was on 'lockdown', and there was no trust in my relationship.  

As for the age difference, as others have mentioned, it's nearly always about financial needs.  The girl that has a decent career and is financially self-sufficient is highly unlikely to tolerate a big age difference.  Yeah, it's hard to get an honest response about this issue from a Filipina, but I can tell you that ZERO of my wife's friends and colleagues (20's and 30's) are interested in meeting a 55+ foreigner, as the social stigma would be just too great.  And most are not interested in foreigners at all.  Why not?  Because they don't need one.

But I have no issue with age differences, and I also have 18 years on my wife.  We have problems sometimes, like any couple, but it's not because of our ages.  We were out the other day and briefly met a couple whom I guess to be 70 and 30, and they were both super nice and seemed to be getting along very well, better than most foreigner-Filipina couples we meet.  It was nice to see, and for them it was obvious that "age doesn't matter."   :)   

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Larry, good points.

She lets me out but it's done on negotiation. Remember my friend crashed her motorbike leaving me with a broken arm so that was a setback :no:  :no: , quite a big one . But I crossed the line that day and she was nice enough to give me the "free pass". All my bike races I have attended alone and mixed freely, men and women, but she likes ka team, the bike club as they frequenly come here even following my injury.

Larry, I think Ging Ging, is not concerned about infidelity. She is more concerned about the public image, dress code and behavious in public which might get leaked back to her, as here in the barangay things do get passed back to her.

Last Saturday, I had to get down to the event and that was going to be difficult with my arm and mobility. I told her and she picked up on it

immediately. We got down there and a did my role as race director and she did her Filipina role by sitting there without complaint, with my daughter. When  I offered to send her home ahead she refused me, so  reckon all therse things go on the positive side of the ledger.

Meanwhile at home she could be all over me for putting the bar of soap in the wrong place, you know how these things go.

Friend of mine and wife own  2 condo's and 2 townhouses joined together with 2 front doors. His wife was so adamant about which door they used to exit and enter that if ever he went out the wrong door he had to go back in and exit through the "correct" one....sorry mate, I am co-operative but when it gets childish, ridiculous, I'm off the program. :mocking:  :mocking:

I

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Age shouldn't matter too much but the younger ones have to remember that they too will get Older and the Shoe goes to the other foot.

It's OK, I am 67 Tomorrow and I told my daughter ( who reminds me I am getting Old.) is 16 Today, even you young lady will get Old

BUT! post-2148-0-81637600-1431907209_thumb.jp  say No More

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all  :morning1:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Anyway!  :)  As long as this is still happening, You Got it made so WTF. :thumbsup: post-2148-0-14908200-1431908563_thumb.jp Cos that's what it is all about, Regardless of the Age difference. IMHO :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing I haven't heard anyone else mention... I'm 57 (earlier this year) and my Special Someone turned 22 yesterday... So, yes, a big age difference! BUT her parents (both Filipinos) had a similar age gap! So, to Av, her family and her friends, our age difference just doesn't matter!!!

• Like 4

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Happy Birthday in advance Jack.....

• Like 1