Secure Gated Community Or The Burbs / Open Spaces

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

When we first arrived we looked at dozens of townhouses in gated subdivisions ,most were brand new ,some where too far out and we would need a car others were in areas I would not choose to live in,after months of looking we changed our mind and purchased a condo in capital site about 3ks from the CBD Cebu ,we are on the 20th floor with a great view of the mountains ,there are guards at the entrance and guards in the lobby. As Dave has said I say hi to the guards and get them a drink and donut every now and then ,I go walking everyday and mix with the local community ,I shop locally at the stores ,I park my scooter just outside the lobby entrance and all the guards keep an eye on it for me.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

There are no gated subdivisions in Marinduque.  You have individual houses with gates, but no subdivision per se.  What we have is a beach house in what used to be a resort.  And, yes, the grounds to the resort are gated.  And, we have our own gate that opens to the beach.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Talking to some of My wives friends, it would seem the these gated Sub-division places are just not as secure as I would like to think they should be. I live on a Barangay road 3.5 metre walls spiked and still Strange things happen Nothing major as the dogs keep us alert.

Having said that only this Morning I found out that a very good friend of mine lost his Dog (Poisoned) so easy to throw things (Meat) over any wall and Dogs being Dogs. We have always said I think, if bad lads want to get in, they will. 

JMHO

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Talking to some of My wives friends, it would seem the these gated Sub-division places are just not as secure as I would like to think they should be. I live on a Barangay road 3.5 metre walls spiked and still Strange things happen Nothing major as the dogs keep us alert.

Having said that only this Morning I found out that a very good friend of mine lost his Dog (Poisoned) so easy to throw things (Meat) over any wall and Dogs being Dogs. We have always said I think, if bad lads want to get in, they will. 

JMHO

JP :tiphat:

The harder you make it for someone to get in the more damage they will cause getting in.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The harder you make it for someone to get in

that or the more you must have to protect lol

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Daddy used to tell me "locks are for keeping your friends out".

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Daddy used to tell me "locks are for keeping your friends out".

I was told a similar thing,

"Locks only keep the honest people out."

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"Locks only keep the honest people out."

Back in my former life I rented out houses.  Rural area of Canada, cheap housing to low income people.In at least a half a dozen instances I left things in a locked area of the property.  Perhaps they were tools to cut the grass at that property or paint for touching up the walls.

Without exception, every one of the locked areas eventually got broken into.  EVERY one.  And the tenants always swore they never did it.  Most times anything that was of value had been stolen while the left over paint was never taken.  I discovered that people don't like locks and anything that is locked in an area that they consider 'their territory' is fair game.  I am talking about people who are basicly honest.  They paid their rent on time and seldom stole the 'furnishings' that went with the house, just the stuff I had locked up.