Filipina Bingo Slang

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I'm just learning from my Asawa the slang used for calling numbers at the local bingo games. Translated from Tagalog :

"70" is "bald guy", "71" is "bald guy with 1 hair", "69" is "feels good, tastes good", "60" is "pregnant', "32" is "crazy" (don't get that one) and there's more, I'm still learning. And it's really amusing!

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Very interesting, keep us informed.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm just learning from my Asawa the slang used for calling numbers at the local bingo games. Translated from Tagalog :

"70" is "bald guy", "71" is "bald guy with 1 hair", "69" is "feels good, tastes good", "60" is "pregnant', "32" is "crazy" (don't get that one) and there's more, I'm still learning. And it's really amusing!

We watch the grass grow up here for entertainment Ron. I think the "Fairiann" comes round once a year and they do have bingo.

I play card games eg Tongits in the aftrennoon, not sure if you know the game but like any card game if you have a good hand you can bet.

But the word bet is not use, the terminology in Tagalog is "fight"

Fight in Tagalog is "laban" or another Ilocano word "tonem" or sound like that or hinto which means in this case  stop....not Para ho which means stop the bus or jeepney...hinto means stop fighting....and those terms are also used in boxing or martial arts, so after a clinch and the ref separates the fightes he says "laban" Also in cock fighting.

So when playing cards as I do you have to be alert to the terms.

Laban means fight,,,or stop the game and bet,,,,,for me it's an afternnoon's entertainment at a plus minus of 100-200 pesos.