Strange Ineraction With A Filipino Male Last Night

RBM
Posted
Posted

Not gonna just " dump her" because some jealous ex approached me one time. She's not trash for Pete sake.

Your situation is not unusual. Filipinos tend to have extremely long memories, especially about relationships. Plus your living in small town, I would expect these situations to crop up and see absolutely zero reason to stop what appears to be a new happy relationship.

If the situation repeats itself or takes a turn for the worse perhaps take your girl for a trip around the country, give you all a break, great way to really get to know each other.

Best of luck and remember please, she is a lady not a commodity.

• Like 4

Czechman
Posted
Posted

I saw one ( foreigner ) being chased down a sidewalk. I don't know what for or if he was caught.

I know of another who was known to be a jerk and always insulting to Filipinos. He was run over by a taxi but survived. I haven't seen him anymore. maybe he left the area. 

That list from Dave is interesting. Yes, only the deaths are being reported. What about the ones who survived? Foreigners are not allowed to buy or own firearms but the locals can and do. 

You sure cannot depend on the PULIS to protect you. Best, not to get anyone psssed at you.

According to this Filipino that I was talking to a while back, he claims that if I become a member of a (I think he said) "Maritime Police" force - that I would be allowed to purchase a firearm for hunting. But I said to him, that since I had a small firearm for personal protection in the states (though I never used it, thank goodness!), that I would also like to use the firearm for personal protection here as well. His reply was, "Yes, you can use it for personal protection if you are a foreigner, when you become a licensed Maritime Police Member." Then he kept pressuring me to talk to the Maritime Local Post Captain or Official. He was really persistent with me upon meeting with this guy, giving money for the license and then, the money for the firearm too. It was really unnerving after awhile and it was starting to make me suspicious.

However like you Gratefuled, I am pretty much certain that a foreigner cannot own a firearm whatsoever here in the Phils.

Has anyone else ever heard about this (I believe it's called) "Maritime Police Force," here in the Phils, and know any details about the organization? :89:

• Like 2

Czechman
Posted
Posted

To the OP: I would be very cautious with her and mind those "Red Flags" that crop-up, watch her closely (OMG, it almost sounds like paranoia--doesn't it??) plus I would really consider upon a far-off move and unfortunately if you can, and don't know if it's possible, do not let any one know where you went. Of course, one way to ensure that this dude doesn't try to shorten your life with a lethal weapon, is to move somewhere that he cannot afford to travel... This is just my opinion. However, if you stay in the Phils, it could possibly haunt you later on. But then again, hopefully not!

The thing is this, you have to wonder, why didn't she tell you about this prior relationship and the abuse this guy inflicted upon her? Unless I missed it, did she ever tell you about this relationship with this abusive fellow? If it were me, and she never told me about this horrible and abusive situation with a prior guy who she pressed charges against, and she knew the guy was still around this "quaint, sleepy hollow kind of a place," I would dump and romp-on down the line to greener pastures away from that area ~ ASAP!

Once more, my experience with girls online (I think you said prior that you two met online), it hardly ever works out. My personal online meeting experience: out of 20 girls (some I met personally - some not), there were only a few that were good, honest and legit women. Although unfortunately, I didn't go the distance with them because I still lived and worked in the states and I would rather be around them personally for a while to ensure we were the match--so we just politely went our separate ways before I returned to the states. You have to be around them physically and encounter their environment to see their "true-selves," or qualities and I feel that you cannot do this in a long-distance relationship.

Further, I gave up online dating and went to "personally meeting" women here in the Phils and I found a really good one that way. And really, there are so many good, sincere, devoted, etc women here. But, to each their own and I hope that you come out OK.

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Some great advice here from both sides of the fence. Some good solid practical suggestions as well. Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind what to do, and looking for a few people to agree with you. Either way, always wise to be careful, no matter where you live, and stay within the boundaries of the law where you live. Hope things work out for you, as it sounds like you have put a great deal of effort and thought into this relationship, and it is always nice when it works out, as it has for many foreigners here in the Philippines.

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

This story goes the other way also. I have a crazy stalker that a year and a half later is still trying to contact my gf and tellin her that she is seeing me and I am cheating on my gf. At the beginning my girlfriend believed her and our relationship suffered as she was believing the stalker and not me . This changed,when we were in the province and the stalker sent my gf a message that we had been together the previous day. Not at all possible as we were together 24/7 . Finally , my gf saw she was just starting trouble to,break us up. Almost succeeded.

I have always been quick to pull the eject lever, until this gf. I am keeping her.

• Like 1