Anyone Like To Prospect For Minerals?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's all fun and games until the locals think you are looking for Yamash&ta's gold.

• Like 1

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

There's a kano in Baguio that has a mining supply store. An assembled dredge costs about $2500 USD..he's selling them. Its a smaller model.. 2 1/2 inch if memory serves. Everyone with a Filipino wife or gf has bro in laws etc who are working for 150-200 p per day..up it..

No permits..public lands. No claims no land owners. You go to a gold bearing river and start digging..

chris49
Posted
Posted

There's decent money to be made. What you guys are afraid of can easily be loopoled. There's 3 kanos that I know of that are making an excellent living small scale mining. They take 2-3 Filipinos with them each trip. If ever any authority comes..hey I'm just watching etc.

Dredging here is the key..look up what an oz of gold is going for...I don't mine anywhere unless I'm sucking 1/4 oz a day..1/4 is not even a good day IMO..Phil's has more gold than the USA. Experts estimate only 20% of the mineral laden areas have been explored since Spain was here...

Think gold rush yields from 1849..huge potential. Not easy....takes skill and effort and sometimes ..luck..if it were easy..everyone would be doing it.

Mate around $1150-1200 US Dollars/oz.  You quoted 1/4th oz per day.

Mate you are quoting here about 12,000 pesos per day.....break it down again please, daily overheads etc.

We have gold in Australia and we had the historic Australian Gold Rush circa 1870, for reference the Caifornia Gold Rush was 10 or 20 years before that.

I was working with  British Doctor, brainy type and he was about 70 when we worked together. In Saudi Arabia but we had recruiting visits to Australia/NZ at that time. There 2 different ways to extract small amounts of gold. Mining entrails and panning/dredging sluicing per your method.

We looked at a tract of land with gold bearing streams just west of Sydney approaching the Blue Mountains.

He told me working full time on a 6 day week he could produce 1 oz of gold per week @the prevaling price of $700 /oz at that time. He also told me the work is too hard for an average individual,unless they were physically fit and physically strong.

Tell me more, eventually will get down to visit you. I actually will attend the Dagupan Triathlon 2016, missed here in 2015, due to injury. So I have another reason to go there.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
No permits..public lands. No claims no land owners. You go to a gold bearing river and start digging..

Yep but you are breaking the law. 

http://www.chanrobles.com/presidentialdecrees/presidentialdecreeno1150.html#.VWAz-0-qpBc

Philippines clamps down on illegal miners, gold smugglers

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/13/philippines-mining-idUSL4N0XA0Y720150413

• Like 1

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.chanrobles.com/presidentialdecrees/presidentialdecreeno1150.html#.VWAz-0-qpBc

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/13/philippines-mining-idUSL4N0XA0Y720150413

Yup. Read it before. Know how to get around it. OK..not a problem..I'll bow out gracefully. Just wondered if anyone ever mined before or had an interest. I see ppl would rather try to debate and be negative about it. My moto is..where there's will. There's a way. I've been finding that way..and will continue to do so until I can't..

BTW your first link is from 1977 law I believe..and in no way says it cannot be..

And your second merely talks about regulations. Doesn't say cannot be :)

Edited by calasiaobound

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

There's decent money to be made. What you guys are afraid of can easily be loopoled. There's 3 kanos that I know of that are making an excellent living small scale mining. They take 2-3 Filipinos with them each trip. If ever any authority comes..hey I'm just watching etc.

Dredging here is the key..look up what an oz of gold is going for...I don't mine anywhere unless I'm sucking 1/4 oz a day..1/4 is not even a good day IMO..Phil's has more gold than the USA. Experts estimate only 20% of the mineral laden areas have been explored since Spain was here...

Think gold rush yields from 1849..huge potential. Not easy....takes skill and effort and sometimes ..luck..if it were easy..everyone would be doing it.

Mate around $1150-1200 US Dollars/oz.  You quoted 1/4th oz per day.

Mate you are quoting here about 12,000 pesos per day.....break it down again please, daily overheads etc.

We have gold in Australia and we had the historic Australian Gold Rush circa 1870, for reference the Caifornia Gold Rush was 10 or 20 years before that.

I was working with  British Doctor, brainy type and he was about 70 when we worked together. In Saudi Arabia but we had recruiting visits to Australia/NZ at that time. There 2 different ways to extract small amounts of gold. Mining entrails and panning/dredging sluicing per your method.

We looked at a tract of land with gold bearing streams just west of Sydney approaching the Blue Mountains.

He told me working full time on a 6 day week he could produce 1 oz of gold per week @the prevaling price of $700 /oz at that time. He also told me the work is too hard for an average individual,unless they were physically fit and physically strong.

Tell me more, eventually will get down to visit you. I actually will attend the Dagupan Triathlon 2016, missed here in 2015, due to injury. So I have another reason to go there.

Pm me if you want to discuss it. Same goes for anyone else who might want to discuss it w/o negativity..:)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yup. Read it before. Know how to get around it. OK..not a problem..I'll bow out gracefully. Just wondered if anyone ever mined before or had an interest. I see ppl would rather try to debate and be negative about it. My moto is..where there's will. There's a way. I've been finding that way..and will continue to do so until I can't..

BTW your first link is from 1977 law I believe..and in no way says it cannot be..

And your second merely talks about regulations. Doesn't say cannot be :)

Do you mean by bribing ?  :)

FOREIGN OWNERSHIP IS LIMITED BY MANDATE OF THE CONSTITUTION AND SPECIFIC LAWS

NO FOREIGN EQUITY

1. MASS MEDIA except recording    (Art. XVI, Sec. 11 of the Constitution; Presidential Memo of 04 May 1994)

2. PRACTICE of PROFESSIONS    *1

A: Engineering

• Aeronautical

• Agricultural

• Chemical

• Civil

• Electrical

• Electronics and Communication

• Geodetic 

• Mechanical

• Metallurgical

• Mining

• Naval Architecture and Marine

• Sanitary.

J. Geology

*1 This is limited to Filipino citizens save in cases prescribed by law

I have forgot where I read about the difference between Small and Big mining, and I didn't made notes, because I aim at other business, but I did read BIG mining can be allowed for foreigners, but small is only for Filipinos.  

(It's some similar with retail business, which is only allowed for foreigners if making investments biger than a HIGH minimum.)

I don't know if they except gold PANNING just by HAND, which at least in my head isn't "mining".

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: 

would rather try to debate

You need to remember that this forum is filled with middle aged, (being generous :tiphat: ) mostly retired or just plain bone lazy guys who don't have much else to do but discuss and debate things :dance: .

be negative about it

I went back and read the posts, I personally really don't thing them as negative but more along the lines of pointing out possible pitfalls, hazards and challenges based upon the collective experiences acquired while living here. I am sure we all remember the 4 P's (piss, poor, prior, planning) and if any of the "negative" comments in anyway help avoid a future hiccup, well then they might help.

All in all what the OP proposes might be an interesting and fun Idea, but frankly its not for me. Happy with what I have (and I am one of the bone lazy ones :cheersty: )

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There's a kano in Baguio that has a mining supply store. An assembled dredge costs about $2500 USD..he's selling them. Its a smaller model.. 2 1/2 inch if memory serves. Everyone with a Filipino wife or gf has bro in laws etc who are working for 150-200 p per day..up it..

Honesty no one here is calling you out on this endeavor calasiaobound. Many here simply have stated there could be serious negative issues if you were to mine in Philippines. Its clear you have your own opinion please let us know how it goes.

I brought up General Yamash&ta Tomoyuki. Many Filipinos are convinced he had buried large caches of gold in Philippines. There are private miners and sophisticated syndicates actively looking for "Yamash&ta's Gold" this could put your life at risk.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Pm me if you want to discuss it. Same goes for anyone else who might want to discuss it w/o negativity.

That's a great idea.  What some see as negativity may just be protecting the forum as we do not allow discussions of illegal activity here.  No way, no how, not even grey areas.  But yes, now you have the idea in people's minds then feel free to discuss all you want in private.

Do you mean by bribing ? 

Like I said:  "we do not allow discussions of illegal activity here.  No way, no how, not even grey areas."  because this kind of comment ALWAYS comes up.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2